Charger Forums banner

2013 Charger AWD R/T Plus or Max - options questions

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  livestrong 
#1 ·
Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been considering picking up a 2013 Charger AWD R/T to replace my 2012 MINI Cooper Countryman AWD to better fit my family life (wife, 2 year old, 4 year old, and gear) while still putting a smile on my face when I hit the gas peddle. I know they're very different vehicles - truth be told, I've always been a fan of "muscle cars" but I'm also a sucker for a fun little hatch.

Option 1
Anyway, I've been trying to spec one out and locate one to my liking, but I'm having some trouble. If I could build the "perfect" R/T it would be AWD R/T Plus White with the red interior + Driver Convenience Group, Navigation Package, AWD Sport Appearance Package, and sunroof.

I can't find one to that spec anywhere in the country (I'm in MN). The closest I've found is only missing the red interior and only 200 miles away. The trouble is that I really like the idea of the red interior.

Option 2
Another option is the dark gray (my 2nd fav color) with all the options I want + the black roof option which I'm OK with, but would rather not spend the extra $1500. It is about 400 miles away.

Option 3
So it got me wondering if I should consider an AWD R/T Max I found a white one with red interior and a sunroof that is about 400 miles away, but I can't seem to figure out if it has the Sport Mode 2 / paddle shifters. I don't think that it does. Can anyone confirm? If it doesn't, I think I better stick to the R/T Plus.

This post got way longer than I expected - I'm leaning towards getting Option 1 and settling for the black interior instead of the red. My dealer says that ordering a 2013 is no longer possible...I've thought about waiting to order a 2014 (purple might be cool), but I don't think it'll be anywhere near the $7500 in discounts that I can get with the 2013's.

I'd love to hear any thoughts you might have.

See less See more
#2 ·
white R/T plus awd

yep just looked and there 7 in western US just like you wanted and NONE have red interior. But by God man look at the prices wow wish i waited a little. Anyway the MAX my buddy bought did not have sport mode but the ACC and side detection is way useful[wish i had but thats all that is missing]. The sport mode on 5.7 has to be turned on in 8.4 screen[everytime] and not very handy as my 3.6 where i just slap shifter. I would opt for #2 and ask dealer to delete price of black roof but its your choice and i would be willing to make consessions for end of model year prices and read this long post with some real good info http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163206&highlight=

#3 ·
I've got the AWD Max. Either way you go, if you're looking at the Hemi you'll be getting the 5 speed tranny. With that you can either get the paddles on the wheel if you order a sport or with other models including the MAX you get the manual mode stick shifter and I enjoy using at least once a day.

I will say the Max has some great options, Adaptive Cruise probably being my favorite, imagine being in cruise mode and the car slowing down and speeding up to match the flow of traffic, works great especially in construction zones.

Good luck with your decision, no matter what you choose, it's an awesome car.

#5 ·
I've got the AWD Max. Either way you go, if you're looking at the Hemi you'll be getting the 5 speed tranny. With that you can either get the paddles on the wheel if you order a sport or with other models including the MAX you get the manual mode stick shifter and I enjoy using at least once a day.

I will say the Max has some great options, Adaptive Cruise probably being my favorite, imagine being in cruise mode and the car slowing down and speeding up to match the flow of traffic, works great especially in construction zones.

Good luck with your decision, no matter what you choose, it's an awesome car.
x2... exactly.

I love my AWD. I consistently get 18mpg mixed driving and 23-25mpg highway in my area and in the snow the car does awesome!

#4 ·
Yeah, I do love the red interior..

#6 ·
Just to confirm the AWD R/T Max does not have Sport Mode 2 as a standard or optional feature.

#8 ·
Thanks for chiming in! I wish I wasn't so picky - I could get the white one w/ black interior for about $7200 in discounts which seems pretty solid especially for a car the dealer doesn't have. I just found one more option - it is just missing the Convenience Pkg - the cooled seats are of most interest to me in that pkg. Do you think I'd regret not having anything in that package? Anyone find that one is a must have?

I also found one that was just built and is headed from Detroit to NY which is about as far away as you can get from me. It has everything I want but has the $1500 black roof which is cool I'd just rather spend $1500 on an exhaust or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.