Charger Forums banner

Question about the '13 Charger Daytona

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  #430 Daytona 
#1 ·
I've never ordered a limited edition car...how do I go about getting one? Do I have to order online? How much ahead of time?

#2 ·
Even though they are limited edition, they make enough that you should see some on the lots at one point or another so its not like you are too late.

You could go to your prefered dealership and see what they know about it and see what can be done. At this point, I doubt they even know it exists.

Dont pull the trigger too fast and make sure you do your research. In the past, the daytonas were just a visual upgrade with slim to none performance goodies. So it might also be an option to grab a super nice/rare colour for cheaper than the daytona like PCP or Sublime.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
As long as you order it during the Ordering Window (I believe they are set to start taking dealer orders this month or next), you can order it like you would any other car.

When I bought my TB Daytona, the order window was already closed (all 4,000 for the US had already been built), so the dealer just put out a search to other dealers to find a TB with the options I wanted.

Congrats in advance on the purchase...Daytona Drivers are a special breed of crazy!

#4 · (Edited)
MrPack,

Ordering for the Daytona opened up on 12/5. Charger model code LDDP48, is the same as the rear wheel drive R/T. Sales code for the Charger Daytona Edition Group is ACD. If you are looking for the Daytona Blue Pearl Coat paint, that sales code is PB6.

To order one you would need to do that through a Dodge dealer. Not sure how fast the allotment will be sold but if you want to get one exactly the way you want it before dealers order them up for their lots I would suggest you do it soon. If you want to see it first or don't mind not having the exact options you want you can wait to see what dealers may have available later. Keep in mind that only 2500 will be built.

#5 ·
Thanks everyone for the responses. My business partner and I are working hard on striking a deal but are probably at least a month out on it so I guess i'll just have to wait until they hit the dealer which is fine with me as long as I can snab an AWD (daily driver in Ohio.)

#6 ·
The Daytona will be rear wheel drive only.

#7 ·
I recommend ordering one ASAP!!!! Nothing cooler than picking up your car with the window sticker that states "Built especially for (your name)"!! I picked mine up with just 4 miles on the ODO!! 47,000 miles later and many mods later this is still my favorite car to hop into, and soon she will be a track only car!!

And yes its true...daytona owners are a little crazy!!! And we like it that way:bigthumb:

Attachments

#9 ·
And yes its true...daytona owners are a little crazy!!! And we like it that way:bigthumb:

I like the picture!!! (even thought that's off topic)
The Daytona looks lower than the RT w/STP......is there actually any difference in the suspension / ride height, or is it just for promo?
And back to the topic: The pix that are out now, from what I've heard are the promotional car, and it sits a bit lower, and has 22's on it instead of the 20 that will come with it.
It was talked about in one of the following topics: (I'm just too lazy to look for it) (I think it's about page 2 or 3 of the first link if I had to guess)
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160591
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160408

#8 ·
The Daytona looks lower than the RT w/STP......is there actually any difference in the suspension / ride height, or is it just for promo?

#21 ·
Exactly, I will never buy any other snow tire than Blizzacks. The Charger is terrible in the snow with it's regular tires. I remember being all over the road with as little as a dusting on the ground. I have no problem going through any amount of snow since I put the Blizzacks on the car for the winter months.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.