Charger Forums banner

Porter Cable help! Junkman?

4K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 ·
Bought a porter cable 7424XP. Any tips, tricks, and suggestions on the most effective way to use it?

Carpe Diem

#2 ·
Do you have the pads that Adam's sells, or just the PC?

#4 ·
I bought a kit that comes with the pads

Carpe Diem

#5 ·
The big, round fuzzy (or foam) thing is the only part of it that should touch the car. ;)

#6 ·
Thanks! In regards to the counterbalance, etc what is that?

Carpe Diem

#13 ·
Don't even waste your time with that Sidekick. total waste of money and it doesn't get close to putting out the air of a leaf blower. Take $30 to Sears and pick up an electric blower. I used one for years and it worked fine. Plus, you can use it to blow leaves. :cowsmile:

#14 · (Edited)
Thanks for the advice Junkman. I went ahead and bought a leaf blower on amazon. Also, in doing the two wash bucket method, I bought a foam gun and chemical guys maxi suds soap. How much maxi suds soap to water do I need to put in the foam gun?

Carpe Diem

#17 ·
Thanks Junkman for your very detailed and informative videos! I had some swirl marks all over my hood and couldnt take it anymore. Using the porter cable 7424 xp and Meguiars detailers compound and finishing wax, I was able to clear my hood of all swirls! Yeayuh!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.