Charger Forums banner

Mopar 11 Sway Bars

8K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  senor dodge 
#1 ·
Anybody know where I could pick up the sway bars that are on the mopar 11? I hear they're 30mm in the front and 20mm in the back. All the aftermarket ones are like 35mm in the front and 18mm in the back..which isn't a sound ratio in my opinion. I can't seem to find them online..I know they're strict with M11 parts and have you enter vin numbers and what not but there are obvious ways to cheat the system. I was thinking of just going to a collision center and having them order it through their catalog. Any other suggestions?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
No no those are the strut tower braces..I have those already. I'm talking sway bars, they're under the car..I want less body roll.

#4 ·
I would bet the Police Package Charger has the 30mm bar... 2011 Mopar parts catalog?

#5 ·
I haven't considered the police package, I'll have to look into that. I was told collision centers have catalogs containing parts for all models/sub models of vehicles. So theoretically I could go in there and say hey order me front and rear sways from the m11 charger.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Does anyone know if the police package front and rear sways will bolt on? Mopar online says awd only in the description, but I swear I've heard of rwd guys running them. I want to put them on my 2012 SXT.

#9 ·
Here are some alternatives for the 2011-2014s....

Front

Eibach (35mm tubular; 2position adjustable)
Hotchkis (38mm hollow; nonadjustable)
Mopar (30mm solid) P/N 4782544AC
Petty’s (35mm hollow; 3point adjustable) availability unknown as of August 2015; may be available from Progress.
Pedders (32mm solid; 3point adjustable) may not be currently available
Stack Performance “Chubby” (38mm hollow; 3point adjustable) may not be currently available
Whiteline (32mm solid; 2point adjustable)

Rear

Eibach (19mm tubular; 2point adjustable)
Hotchkis (19mm hollow?)
Mopar (19mm solid) P/N 4782544AC discontinued
Mopar (22mm hollow) P/N 68184227AA
Petty’s (22mm solid; 3point adjustable) availability unknown as of August 2015; may be available from Progress.
Pedders (22mm; 3point adjustable) may not be currently available
Stack Performance “Chubby” (19mm; 3point adjustable) may not be currently available
Whiteline (18mm 2 point adjustable)

#12 ·
Thanks for the info! A few follow-ups, if I may:

1. What's the stock size for the front and rear bars? Are they hollow or solid?
2. Will the Mopar bars fit any 2011+ Charger, or just the R/Ts?

#14 ·
The size of the bars depend on your model and, occasionally, options and packages (eg, STP). OEM bars are solid.

The Mopar bars will work on RWD Chargers; a special Police front bar is available for AWD models.
Thanks! To clarify a bit, I have a 14' R/T (anniv. package)

#11 ·
Do you prefer hollow or solid bars?
There have been theoretical engineering discussions about which is stronger. Unfortunately, as far as I know, nobody has actually conducted empirical tests! So I don't know! Lacking any hard information, my preference would be for hollow bars.

I do know this. I had the Hotchkis bars on my Challenger and the front 38mm bar was a beast! For anyone planning to track their car, this bar needs to be considered. On the other hand, it does increase ride harshness.

I currently run the Pedders adjustable bars.

Reactions: POWERMAN
#16 ·
Both the solid and hollow bars are fine, but a hollow bar has less total flex capacity before it fails than a solid design.

It doesn't mean that it is stiffer, just that a solid bar can flex further and more often than a hollow bar before reaching failure (fracturing). The trade off is that it is heavier weight than a hollow design.

Hollow sway bars rarely fail due to stress unless you are running off road and pounding the snot out of them on a regular basis. However, if a couple of pounds of weight doesn't matter, then solid is a more durable choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.