Charger Forums banner

Dodge Charger Scat Pack revealed

13K views 48 replies 18 participants last post by  Shots 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I love this car.

It is almost 10 years later after my car

For around the same price (less when you consider inflation), I can now get a charger with 60 more HP and an 8 speed transmission

THAT IS PROGRESS!

Dodge is really nailing this 3rd generation

#15 ·
#22 ·
Scat packs are getting "premium cloth performance seats" standard.

Your only other option is "Nappa leather performance seats with Alcantara suede inserts" which is the same as the current SRT or even new SRT (maybe extremely minor adjustments like bolstering and what not)

SRT have the "Nappa leather performance seats with Alcantara suede inserts" Standard.

Your only opther option is the full laguna leather performance seats.

#26 ·
Great car and an excellent package for the money. I'm still struggling with the front end, but am willing to reserve my final judgement until I see one in person.

I did see a 2015 SRT Challenger on the road the other day. Dodge really nailed that one!

#29 ·
The best stereo you can get is:

Beats by Dr. Dre high-performance audio system with 552- watt 12-channel amplifier, 10 high-performance BeatsAudio speakers and 8-in. BeatsAudio trunk-mounted dual-voice coil subwoofe with sealed enclosure

It comes standard with 6 speakers Alpine 276 watts.

Colors are the same as other models described in Post #1 of 2015 Charger info thread

#30 ·
I noticed something interesting today while doing some web surfing. Although Chrysler has stated several times that there won't be an SRT 300 available in 2015, there are numerous spy shots of apparent SRT 300s in testing on the streets (in camo).

Upon close examination of the pics of these cars, I noted that they only appear to have front Brembo brakes and are using the same wheels the Charger Scat Pack test mules used.

Hmmm...

Could it be that they will be offering a 300 Scat Pack 392 instead of the SRT?

Attachments

#39 · (Edited)
#32 ·
Any news on the pricing for us poor Canadians as im sure the car will be 5k more in Canada at least?

#40 ·
Yeah the sport is supposedly nice but not nice for all situations. It is very specific and is a happy medium between street and track. That means it is lacking in certain scenarios.

#41 ·
I am not paying for a stiff ride.

A car that costs $40k+ should be able to deliver a decent ride.

I am not taking the car to the track

Usually Chrysler dials back the suspension on the 300 a little

#42 ·
From the Chrysler media site:

Designed and engineered for any high-performance driving enthusiast: All-new 2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack

Like the all-new Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack stable mate, the all-new 2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack model includes an SRT-powered 6.4-liter HEMI powertrain and paddle-shifting TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission, showcasing the segment’s best combination of power, performance, styling and technology.

At the front, the new 2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack stares down the competition with its menacing looks. Paying homage to the first Viper coupe built in 1996, the 2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack receives a power-bulge aluminum hood, with NACA duct to improve engine cooling. A model-specific front fascia features an upper grille in black with dynamic grille texture, which spans between the new projector headlamps for a signature graphic look that highlights Charger’s wide track. Below, a massive lower grille and integrated front splitter optimize engine and cooling module airflow. Flared side sills give the four-door muscle car an even more athletic look, while its wider 20-by-9 inch wheels provide a flusher body-side appearance and improved grip. At the rear, a single piece decked spoiler is painted in Satin Black, while the unique fascia and lower valence showcases the active exhaust system’s 4-inch round exhaust tips.

With a best-in-class naturally aspirated 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 engine, the 2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack delivers 115 more horsepower and a 90-lb.-ft. leap in torque compared with the 5.7-liter Charger R/T models – representing more than a 31 percent jump in horsepower and 22 percent jump in torque. The four-door muscle car’s best-in-class power enables it to turn mid 4-second 0-60 mph times and mid-12-second quarter mile times. Additionally, an electronically controlled active exhaust system provides a deep, throaty, note in keeping with its heritage and track-bred credentials.

Performance upgrades include red Brembo four-piston caliper front brakes with world-class stopping power (60-0 mph in 120 feet), high-performance suspension, 3.09 rear-axle ratio, performance steering wheel; three-season performance tires; Dodge Performance Pages, which allow driver control over a range of vehicle settings, including steering feel, transmission response, stability and traction controls, and standard launch control. Other equipment highlights include performance seats with “Scat Pack” embroidery, Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen display with AM/FM/SiriusXM Radio, Bluetooth, 3-D navigation-capability and Uconnect Access with 9-1-1 call/Assist Call, six premium speakers with 276-watt amplifier, aluminum pedals, configurable 7-inch DID cluster with “Scat Pack” splash graphic, 180-mph speedometer, ParkView rear backup camera, ParkSense rear park assist, Scat Pack grille badge, “HEMI 392” fender badges along with “Charger” and “R/T” heritage badge on the deck lid.

#43 ·
Yep, that's what I was referring to about Brembos only on the front...

"Performance upgrades include red Brembo four-piston caliper front brakes with world-class stopping power (60-0 mph in 120 feet)"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.