Charger Forums banner

New Cuda maybe?

2K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  Charger-Steve 
#1 ·
I heard a rumor that chrysler might be making a new cuda on the challenger platform. Anyone else hear any thing?

#3 ·
I would think it would be a Chrysler Cuda -- doubt they would bring back the Plymouth brand.

#4 ·
I agree... Kind of like the 300 / on the charger platform ... Make the challenger in the chrysler brand...

#8 ·
I find it HIGHLY LIKELY there will be a Chrysler Cuda.

1) Cudas are the hottest collector car in the world right now. It only makes sense for Chrysler to take advantage of that, especially with the buzz the new Challenger is making because it looks so much like the first generation Challengers.

2) When Plymouth got dropped the Prowler moved over to the Chrysler marque, so you can't say Chrysler won't pick up a former Plymouth nameplate.

3) The 300 and Charger are two different marques on the same platform, so why not a Dodge Challenger and a Chrysler Cuda sharing a platform? If they wanted to save $$$$ they could keep the body panels the same and just change out the grille and tail panel. Maybe a few other bolt-on items that could easily be swapped. I see new Chargers wearing 1971 Cuda-style fender gills, so it wouldn't be that hard to add them at the factory.

Even if Chrysler doesn't do it the aftermarket will. I bet within 6 months of the Challenger hitting the showrooms someone will have a 1970 and/or 1971 style Cuda grille and tail panel for the new Challenger.

#9 ·
but if they bring back the cuda under the Chrysler name, do you think it will hurt or confuse their identity?
I mean chrysler to me seems like the luxury, sport luxury line. Dodge is the sport heavy duty line... plymouth... they don't exist right?
Wouldn't the cuda fit under sport? or would it be sport luxury?

#12 ·
Like I said, Chrysler took over the Prowler when Plymouth got the pink slip. Plus you can get a SRT-8 300, right?

#14 ·
WHATTHE?? I can't see GM making a Camaro Cuda. That doesn't even make Sense. How about a Impala Edsel? Why would you brand a famous competitor of the Camaro's past with the new Camaro? That makes NO marketing sense. If GM DID buy the Cuda name, I would think that they would just sit on it to keep Dodge from having it. Or putting it on a FWD POS like they did the Nova back in the 80's.

#18 ·
B....E....A....U....TIFUL! :rockon:

#20 ·
I think the existance of the Cuda will depend on the success of the Challenger. If it is a runaway hit, I could see the Cuda being born. If they are sitting around on lots like the Superbee was....not so much.
Same story with the possiblity of a new Firebird. Why build a car that will compete with your own product. Why invest in the cost to sell the same number of cars under two different names? I doubt the Cuda will see the light of day just like doubt the Firebird will breath again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.