Charger Forums banner

Removing Resonator (Under Bumper) from 2010 SXT

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Telco 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about removing the resonator (that's the thing under the bumper, NOT under the middle of the car!) on my 2010 SXT. I've watched some videos and it sounds pretty nice, I think-also looks pretty simple to do.

So, question-anyone else do this? What did you think of the sound? Did you get highway drone? The youtube clips only show driveway not highway. Was it harder than just cutting the thing off? I'll probably just put a section of pipe on and an exhaust tip, nothing fancy.

Thanks for the input!

#4 ·
Don't take them off! the V6 is a drone pig from 1,800-2,400 rpm...right where you drive 90% of the time. I took my resonators off within a week of having the car and have since tried 4-5 different setups in an attempt to kill the drone. I currently am running DynoMax VT mufflers and Walker QuietFlow resonators.

#5 ·
Well, I went ahead and did it (before reading this post). I figured it wouldn't be terribly hard to reattach if I really hated it, and all the youtube clips and forums in the world really only go so far in telling you what it will actually sound like.

Actually it's not too bad, heck I'd even go louder. I only have one resonator (single exhaust), so maybe that's it? I'll be doing some highway driving today, so I can report back on that, but really I don't notice any drone in the 60mph range where I was driving last night.

#8 ·
It's true. I really don't mind a little drone, and while there is a tiny bit with the resonator removed, if you turn the radio on at all you can't hear it. I certainly wouldn't describe it as headache-inducing. I'm wondering if we are thinking of two different cars.

Regardless, thank you for input. To anyone out there considering this, I really do recommend it. It has a nice growl on cold start and when you put your foot down, and very little drone. And it was free and took about 5 minutes to do-can't beat the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.