Charger Forums banner

Car just wont start!

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Malvado 
#1 ·
Hey everyone i just got back from a trip out of town to attend an annual Dr's appointment and the next morning i went to start it up and it REALLY wants to turn over but it just doesnt seem to want to? i was able to get someone over to "scope" it and it came back with nothing wrong :frown2: now i am currently battling Multiple Sclerosis and have almost NO funds to get this fixed at a proper shop so i am just trying to get as much help as i possibly can!! the car seems to have full power, the stereo, lights, horn,and door locks all seem to work but it just wont fire!

I can take picture/video of what it sounds like when i attempt to start it and will provide any information possible to try and get it running again!! i really am between a rock and a hard place without it!!

Thanks SO MUCH for reading!!!

#2 ·
Even though the lights light up and all, the battery may be weak enough to not be able to start the car. You don't say what year or model, but I would start first with checking the battery.

Did you do anything to it recently? Any mods, work, maintenance, etc?

#5 ·
"won't start" problems can be a pain to resolve ... especially if no DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes) are being logged. If the starter is not engaging (or it's grinding, etc ...) or the engine is spinning at a slower RPM, then it could be a battery or starter problem.
If the starter is engaging the flywheel, and spinning the engine over at the normal RPMs, the problem is not the starter circuit or the battery. The problem could be ignition or fuel delivery. The trick is to figure out which it is.
Check all the fuses and relays in the engine bay fuse box and the trunk fuse box.
Check all the wires/connectors on the engine (nothing loose, frayed, corroded, etc ... ) Can you hear the fuel pump when you turn the ignition On?

The following actions occur when the starter motor is engaged.
If the PCM receives the camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor signals, it energizes the Auto Shutdown (ASD) relay and fuel pump relay. If the PCM does not receive both signals within approximately one second, it will not energize the ASD relay and fuel pump relay. The ASD and fuel pump relays supply battery voltage to the fuel pump, fuel injectors, and ignition coil.

#6 ·
I had the same issue in my 2012 300s.

Drive to train station shut off car waited for the person I was picking and it would not start.

No warning. No codes. What it ended up being was the fuel pump. Replaced pump and all was good. Issue is pump is not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.