Charger Forums banner

Hellcat factory air filter in an R/T

12K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  GTO_04 
#1 ·
I notice the Helly has air filter part #68172459AA and a regular charger has filter part #04861746AA . They appear to be dimensionally the same. Has anyone tried to use one of these filters in a regular charger, and If so any gaines?

#4 ·
The airboxes are different too.

The airbox on the Hellcat has an intake hole right behind the front grill (behind the SRT logo) to take in cold air:

SRT vs Hellcat air intake?

Hellcat airbox:

#7 ·
I've been thinking about getting one for my car. (AEM) drop in.. I'm going to order one. I like the idea of dry filters over wet.

#9 ·
I have one on my Scat Pack charger you have to remove the whole front bumper to install this just FYI you can talk to the guys at Steve White Motors or speedlogix they both sell this product. I notice I can get 2 degree difference on the highway an outside air temp compared to air intake temp. The price might be a little bit more because you're going to need the add-on pieces for the ram air to come through the front of the grill.

#11 ·
Do ya think it'll fit the 2013 model? Maybe w a Minot tweak here or there?

#12 ·
I am not interested in the whole box as the black top come factory with the hi-flow air box. Just wondering about the filter it self.

#14 ·
The only difference with the actual filter is the Hellcat has a reinforcement plastic or rubber piece that prevents the filter from getting pulled through the filter box from the boost from the super charger. That I believe is the only difference same material.

#13 ·
I'm thinking of the whole set up for me haha

#15 ·
#16 ·
Doesn't look to be available anywhere. Might have to try you dealer but even then, they probably can't get it either. Wonder if the new Hellcats even come with it anymore?

For the 6.4's or anything below, this mod is going to be pointless. With my stock airbox at speed, IAT is not much higher than ambient... can't remember the exact number, but I'm thinking 3-7 degrees. Maybe it'd make a difference sitting in traffic... Save your time and money, this mod is going to do nothing for you. Plus, you're going to have all kinds of crap collecting in the airbox and dirtying your filter much faster.

#17 ·
Does anyone have pictures or details of how they ran their ducting from a Hellcat airbox to the front grill on 2011-2014 cars? I read where 1 person ran a duct to the grill area but not pictures. Also one Challenger owner pointed out the the Fram Hellcat filter is rated higher flow on the end of the filter than the standard R/T filter as well as stiffening ribs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.