Charger Forums banner

Danko '69 Charger fascia

24K views 55 replies 24 participants last post by  FlyersHockey 
#1 · (Edited)
It's finally real...and here in my garage! Woohoo! :rocker:

It's very well designed and built. I am seriously impressed with it!

This will be my install thread and it while it may take a while to get it all done, it starts with this...

And here's where it's headed...

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
This has been a long time coming. I first placed my order for this almost 4 years ago. While it has been a long time, having it in my garage now I feel like it has been well worth the wait. Mo has never been fast on his stuff, but the quality of this piece is worth waiting for. It really is amazing.

I have wanted this ever since I saw the first renders in 2009. I even went so far as to mock it up in my driveway using poster board to see what it might look like 5-1/2 years ago...

Attachments

Reactions: POWERMAN
#6 ·
Wow

I saw your photo shopped version years ago. And finally its real. Happy for you man. By the way a quick thank you for all the info you post in replies on here. Your one of the best sources of info on here. And have helped me many a time.:bigthumb:

Reactions: Ddaddy
#12 ·
that will look AWESOME. Good luck!

My only concern is that it almost looks too low to the ground, like it's way lower than the rest of the car so it makes the car look like it slants down in the picture @POWERMAN posted. Maybe it's a trick of the light or the rear tires are bigger on that demo model?

Either way, hope it exceeds your expectations when you finish it! :)

#21 ·
Well, at least while you're off work you can... oh, wait... nevermind! :cowsmile:

I guess it goes back in the box until the weekend.

#22 ·
Now that he has his new job, it's going to take more time.

#23 ·
It will indeed. It is sitting in the middle of my garage in the open bay between my work bench and the GTS, so I am forced to look at it every day and think about getting it done. I suspect it may take until the Thanksgiving holiday weekend to get it disassembled, prepped, painted, reassembled and then installed.

My goal is to have it ready by that 4 day break so I can take my time with the install...but who knows. With just starting the new job, I have no idea how much free time I will have to work on it.

I'm not going to rush it, I need to take my time and do it right. I've waited this long and I'm not going to fubar it now.

#25 ·
LOL! I think you are going to need to pull up a chair and put your feet up, this is going to take a while. Of course, you could always come over and help me get it done too!

#35 ·
I'm glad to hear he's hopefully making more than two of them. :)

My '07 Charger was one of the first 5 cars to have the 3-pc. rear spoiler mounted and finished. Can't argue with the quality of it! :bigthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.