Charger Forums banner

Opinion On Rims For 2008 Dodge Charger

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  deadwrong03 
#1 ·
I just got a 2008 dodge charger 3.5l v6 mpi sohc 24v earlier this year, im contemplating getting maybe 20-22 in rims put on it sometime soon. Im not really going for a flashy look, i may even settle for some fancy 18 in dodge rims really. I dont want to get nothing that i cant really drive comfortably on (24 in) something that i can ride on on the bumpy streets of chicago with not much worry...and maybe a little snow if i want to leave them on all year.

what are the best size to go for my charger? isnt it the larger the rim size the rougher it is on your suspension and more damage your doing in the long run requiring more frequent oil changes etc?

this really will be my first time toying around with rims and other things i plan on doing with this car. i know i want to add the my gig radio and also MAYBE adding a moon roof.

#4 ·
what is harder on the suspension and ride is the weight of the tire/wheel assembly....typicallly the smaller the wheel, the lighter the assembly, but there are some really heavy 18's and some really light 20's (and some really, really heavy 20's)

depends on what style you like...might want to find some used take-offs on craigslist....or go new OEM, or go aftermarket. personally, I'd look at these wheels, which are the OEM wheels on the 2009 challenger rallye's

http://moparonlineparts.com/dodge-charger-wheel-p-3566.html

reasonable price, good looks, OEM quality, and these are actually made in the USA....

if you're looking for a good all-year tire that's awesome in the snow, get the Nokian WRG2 SUV's in 235/55R18 or 225/60R18

#5 ·
If your not going for the flashy look might want to just stay stock.... (BBOORRINNNG) :rolleyes2: LOL Im from chicago too man. Make your car stand out! its a CHARGER!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.