Charger Forums banner

07 Shift Knob removal/ BT shift plate install

25K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  reaganp 
#1 ·
I went looking through the site to find info on how to remove my shift knob- and found lots of different info- so if figured I would document my install for an 07 Charger and hope it helps someone else out.:beerchug:

Before

On mine- there was a little knotch in the front of the chrome ring- there is no set screw inside it

To remove the shift knob, insert a screwdriver inbetween the silver cap and the knob itself and twist the screwdriver

the silver piece will pop off and fall down

Then just pull up on the knob itself- it will pop off

Now use a small screwdriver on the side of the chrome bezel surrounding the shifter plate- it has four tabs witm multiple teeth on it- keep moving around the bezel prying and lifting until it comes off

Clean the plate with some mild cleaner- then peel the strips off the New overlay and apply carefully- line up the track for the shifter evenly

Push the Chrome Bezel back on- it will sit a little higher now

Put the chrome shift knob piece back on

Put the shift knob on (do not put it backwards like I did in the pics:slap:)

Enjoy (after you turn it around so it is facing the correct way:slap:)

:beerchug:

See less See more
#8 ·
Wow, that shifter plate looks smooth. I really like that. I may have to get one of those.
I really like the change it made in the interior- I'm actually really surprised- I never thought I would get one but couldn't resist when I saw it in person:D
Here is mine!
Sweet:beerchug:

#11 ·
if you look at the pics from the start and at the end the shift knob is on backwards at the end it looks like

#12 ·
Sometimes you need to do more than look at the pictures- ROFL!!!!
(read the line above the last pic- you are right, it was backwards):biggrinjester:

#13 ·
ok i was a little lost the one line i didnt read lol but yes it does look great im thinking about getting a shift plate like that for my srt

#16 ·
great help you done a great job really looks good

#18 ·
I have to get the shift plate now it looks great.

#20 ·
Billet has these on sale right now. I just ordered mine. Thanks for the write up as it is going to be very helpful.

#25 ·
where did you buy that shifter over lay?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.