Charger Forums banner

Charger SRT8, 300c SRT8, Challenger SRT8, or Jeep SRT8 ?

9K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  BlackRT313 
#1 ·
Ok, I love all these SRT8's except for the magnums. I wanted to know how much each of them weigh. Do you guys know? I want to get one of these SRT8's someday and I was wondering which one you guys think I should get? I love the looks of the Charger, 300c, Challenger, & Jeep! I was thinking more the Charger, 300c, OR Jeep SRT8 because I already have a 2 door ('99 Camaro SS). Anyway post up the weight of each vehicle please.

#2 · (Edited)
I believe the Charger and 300 weigh around 4300 lbs, the Challenger slightly lighter, and the Jeep being the heaviest of the group at around 4800

#7 ·
Wow, I think the MAgnum is the coolest of the SRT8s, and I don't even own one. There is something sweet about a 425hp wagon that will blow the doors off of almost anything on the road. They are all cool though. The only one I would never buy would be the Jeep...since I think SUVs suck in general.

#19 ·
The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is the new bad-ass SUV. From its super-low front air dam — that screams “not even close to Trail Rated” — to its 20-in. chrome wheels to its dual-outlet central exhaust (for which Mopar builds a special, optional tow hitch to circumnavigate) to its big ol’ Hemi, trust us, it’s all good. And bad.

In outright speed, it flat spanked every vehicle here. Jeep has been bragging that the GC SRT8 runs to 60 mph in under 5.0 sec., wet or dry. They weren’t lying: In our testing it ripped to 60 in just 4.6 sec. and to the quarter mile in 13.2 at 104.1 mph. Those are sports-car numbers! Apparently this is what happens when you strap a raunchy-sounding 6.1-liter V-8 with 420 bhp and 420 lb.-ft. of torque to a 4800-lb. all-wheel-drive vehicle. Four-wheel powerslides come standard.
The Charger (on average) reaches the 1/4 mile also in 13.2 but at an average of 108mph

So the demarcation line from a standstill appears to be about 1/4 mile and the Charger will pull away

#20 ·
challenger duh

#22 ·
Thats the beauty of the SRT-8 line. Whaddya want?

A little class ? 300.

A little ass-kickin? Charger

A little utility and some stealth? Magnum

Complete stealth and AWD? Jeep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.