Charger Forums banner

Best tire dressing???

5K views 38 replies 29 participants last post by  epoch 
#1 ·
Since most of the folks on this forum are obviously car people, I'm interested to know what the best tire dressing is that you've found.

I like look I get from Black Magic Tire Wet, however it slings off quite a bit onto the body, even after letting it sit overnight. I'm trying a Dupont Teflon dressing now, but it looks like milk when you spray it on, and the finish after it dries leaves a little to be desired. So, what have you found that works?

#2 ·
i'm using the same dupont stuff...and i wipe it on after it sits and coagulates for about 5 mins. Biggest problem is it seems to not last very long.

good thread, be interested myself....probably a few items to be found using the Search too.

#3 ·
andyville99 said:
Since most of the folks on this forum are obviously car people, I'm interested to know what the best tire dressing is that you've found.

I like look I get from Black Magic Tire Wet, however it slings off quite a bit onto the body, even after letting it sit overnight. I'm trying a Dupont Teflon dressing now, but it looks like milk when you spray it on, and the finish after it dries leaves a little to be desired. So, what have you found that works?
Apply it with a sponge to avoid the spray.

#4 ·
I've Used That Armor All Foam Spray..and That Insane Shine(i Think Mcguires) Luv Both..but Insane Shine Does Exactly That..have More Shine..just Don't Let Either Sit On Your Driveway..it'll Stain

#5 ·
Still conducting experiments. They all seem to throw some on the body.

Might have to work on a clear flexible paint that will always keep the shine.

#9 ·
Have you thought about using 10W-40 in a spray can, works great on the tires

#11 ·
:headbang: :rockon: Hands down, no doubt about it, the answer to this question is High Enduarnce! It is a little messy since you have to wipe it on with a applicator but i wear disposible rubber gloves each time. It smells like grapes and it lasts a looooooooooooong time. I put it on, it'll rain heavy, i'll go through puddles of water and the next day the tires still look good. Why anybody would buy something else is a mystery.............
Ron
Dodge Charger Daytona R/T #430............soon to have personal plate NMBR430 :happy:

#12 ·
06RTHEMI said:
Have you thought about using 10W-40 in a spray can, works great on the tires
Works on everything else. Might even keep raised white lettering from turning brown. I will give it a try.

#15 ·
#430 Daytona said:
:headbang: :rockon: Hands down, no doubt about it, the answer to this question is High Enduarnce! It is a little messy since you have to wipe it on with a applicator but i wear disposible rubber gloves each time. It smells like grapes and it lasts a looooooooooooong time. I put it on, it'll rain heavy, i'll go through puddles of water and the next day the tires still look good. Why anybody would buy something else is a mystery.............
Ron
Dodge Charger Daytona R/T #430............soon to have personal plate NMBR430 :happy:

Never heard of it.
I'll have to try it now. Can you get it at Pep Boys?
It's a little pointless right now to do much of anything since the weather is terrible now. I'll have to gear up for the spring.
OH How I wish I could wash my car in my garage.

#17 ·
The problem I had with High Endurance is that it builds up, a LOT. I have used it, and even when I use a brush to scrub the tires, there is still a lot on there. I currently use Zaino, but just about anything will work, the key is using a sponge applicator and moderation. BTW, my Zaino hardly slings.

#19 · (Edited)
mywhitecharger said:
Never heard of it.
It's a little pointless right now to do much of anything since the weather is terrible now. I'll have to gear up for the spring.
It's by McQuire's and they usually have it at R&S Strauss or Pepboy's. It sells for about $6.99 a bottle. It's a clear plastic bottle. I love it and will never use anything again. I used to use No Touch or Armor All but High Endurance lasts forever. As far as it roling down the tires to the bottom of the rims......... I use alot of it, I want that extra high gloss shine. After i'm finished doing all 4 tires, I go back around and wipe each tire again with the applicator. I don't put anymore on, I just wipe each tire to get the extra that has dropped down to the bottom of the rim and tire. If you don't, you'll have spray all over the sides of your car when you drive, lol

Dodge Charger Daytona R/T #430 :rockon: :headbang:

#20 ·
I think those tire applicators (black & yellow) suck & break apart, I apply mine with a wax applicator and it works like a charm.

#21 ·
andyville99 said:

I think I use Turtle Wax tire stuff. It's at home and I'm not, I'll double check.
Perk: It smells GREAT. Makes the entire garage smell nice - kinda like vanilla.

Wasn't Dupont just whacked hard in a record setting lawsuit over Teflon, dome toxic chemical is in it?

And, a tip: Spray your wheel wells with tire shine to help mask the road gunk. Works especially well on SUV and trucks that expose more wheel well.

#22 ·
I apply mine with an old sponge. Even if i spray...i wipe down with the sponge and complete the coverage...

High endurance, huh? Mequiars, huh? I'll have to give it a shot. Like what I've heard so far.

#23 ·
mywhitecharger said:
Never heard of it.
I'm with 'ya on that one. I mean, I LOVE cold, and really I like winter. But, it's not the best time for car care. We're getting 5-7" of wet, sloppy snow all day today. It's already exceeded my slush mats, I had to lay one of ever-present cloths down to soak up the excess. Screw the towel, save the Charger!
My kids already know the drill - butt first, tamp your feet until they're as dry as can be, before even THINKING of bringing them in.

Oh, sorry, now back to our regularily scheduled program . . .

#24 ·
joescat said:
I think I use Turtle Wax tire stuff. It's at home and I'm not, I'll double check.
Perk: It smells GREAT. Makes the entire garage smell nice - kinda like vanilla.
It's Turtle Wax Wet 'n Black. It's okay, better than some I've used. It doesn't seem to fling to bad, once it's dried enough. I just spray it, let it dry, drive.
It doesn't have spectacular hold up against rain.

#26 ·
Black magic--speed stick style. Compact and effective. Give it a squeeze and gel oozes out onto the built in sponge applicator. It doesn't splatter as much as liquid or foam, and the sponge wipes of any excess. Still shiny after 2 weeks. I used to use the foam stuff which doesn't dry evenly and dips onto the rims--this stuff is way better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.