Charger Forums banner

2015 Charger R/T Scat Pack Delivered!

35K views 54 replies 27 participants last post by  Relentless 
#1 · (Edited)
My new Jazz Blue Scat Pack is home and it was worth the wait!

A few initial observations:

Paint is flawless. I know Brampton is pining for a badly needed new paint facility but they did an outstanding job with the paint. Fit & finish are also excellent with no discernible uneven gaps in the panels or bezels. This car was built and transported with care.

Although I'm still babying the car during break-in, the raw power is clearly evident. The power bulge in the hood looks awesome from the driver's seat! Throttle response is excellent and the new 8-speed tranny is a dream.

I am coming from an originally owned 2006 R/T with R&T, so the suspension on the new SP feels much tighter but still compliant. I recently rented a Camaro SS convertible for a week in Florida on spring break and that ride was much firmer. The Charger's longer wheel base must be playing a role in the better feel. Cornering and breaking are superb.

The new electronic steering is definitely a different feel but I like it.

The newly designed interior is a Godsend. You just WANT to spend time there vs feeling you have to tolerate it in the older trims. I'm not an audiophile so the stock Alpine audio system is adequate and better than my old Charger. Infotainment system is intuitive and well-designed. I tested the LED fog lights in heavy fog and they actually worked quite well!

I've attached a few exterior pictures comparing the two vehicles (Midnight Blue 2006 R/T w/R&T traded in for the new 2015 R/T Scat Pack Jazz Blue), plus some exterior & interior pictures.

I'm very happy with how the black leather interior with Ruby Red Alcantara suede inserts contrasts with the conservative Jazz Blue exterior.

Also a well-deserved shout-out to Flemington Dodge in NJ; they were awesome from start to finish.

A few short videos:

Exhaust note & idle at startup:

Exhaust rev's:

Scat Pack logo in Center Instrument Display at startup:

Road Test Summary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwXV7qnWoAg

Attachments

See less See more
3 5
Reactions: Slidd
#2 ·
whooooooaaa....I've been on the fence, having not seen one in person or seeing any pictures that weren't from an official review, but daaaamn. And the exhaust...I think I was grinning from ear to ear. Any chance you wanna take some more interior shots? Also, which packages did you get?

Reactions: GTO_04
#4 · (Edited)
More Interior Pics

Attached are a few more shots showing how the Ruby Red Alcantara suede spices up the interior vs. the Jazz Blue exterior. Also one additional exterior shot taken at dusk shows how the Jazz Blue changes hue depending upon the available light. All my options are in my signature.

Attachments

#3 ·
Very nice and congrats.

I have one small grudge against the 2015 over the 2006-2010 but otherwise I think this car is leaps and bounds better in almost every way.

Your car looks and sounds great.

#5 ·
Thanks for the extra pics, and I didn't even think to check the sig, doh! She's beautiful, congrats! I think you're pics and videos pretty well sold me. Did you actually see one in person before you ordered? I feel like I go check out a R/T road and track, that I'll get a pretty good feel for what the SP is gonna look like.

#6 ·
The new Scat Packs have only recently started production so I was not able to test drive one; however, they are much closer to the SRT 392 than the R/T with R&T. I've also attended an SRT track experience (birthday present from wife) and the SP reminds me of the older SRT8's with the single-mode Bilstein setup. The new Scat Pack is the replacement for the discontinued Super Bee.

#9 · (Edited)
Oh yes, have been out varying the speeds and accelerating fairly hard (but nowhere near WOT) from about 30 mph to 60 mph to seat the rings then coasting back down to 30'ish and repeating. Passed 100 miles today on the odometer while out on Route 80. Interesting how the transmission is in learn mode the first few hundred miles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#12 ·
Looks great! I'm jealous of your Charger Scat Pack guys, because it looks like you get the red calipers...the Challenger SP's have gray.

I'm hoping there's a flash they can do for my TFT Display to get the Scat Pack Logo on it (mine was an early build, so it doesn't have the logo on it at Start Up)

#16 ·
Mother of god, she is beautiful! I can barely contain the drool coming down my lip. I see you're from Jersey, if you're in the Northern part we should cross paths one day, maybe snap a few pics and talk Mopar. I'd love to see it in person, and I like meeting Charger guys. :big thumb:

Take care of her! These Jersey roads can be BRUTAL for our cars.

#19 ·
Looks great. So excited to get mine.

It looks like it's FINALLY making the final trip in the next few weeks. Dodge says ETA to dealer on 5/08 and now FINALLY when I do a local new dealer inventory my car shows up, window sticker, VIN etc...as en transit. The crazy part is, my car appears to be THE ONLY scat pack in a 150 mile radius that is in this status. Placed my order on 2/24.

B5
Beats
Black Roof

Day 1 mods:

Powdercoating wheels gloss black
Tints
De-badging everything :alfdance:

#23 ·
My new Jazz Blue Scat Pack is home and it was worth the wait!

A few initial observations:

Paint is flawless. I know Brampton is pining for a badly needed new paint facility but they did an outstanding job with the paint. Fit & finish are also excellent with no discernible uneven gaps in the panels or bezels. This car was built and transported with care.
While mine isn't terrible, I definitely have a different experience with my car. It seems like all the issues in the fenderwells. Passenger front has one drop of paint holding on at the corner of one body panel and both rear fenderwells have chips where the corners of 2 panels meet. Panel gaps seem to be pretty good, except for around the driver's side rear taillight, although I probably never would have noticed it if I wasn't taping it off to tint the lights.

Also, did you happen to look at the control arms on the front suspension? I wonder if mine is the only one rusting already, or if they had an old pile of parts sitting around that everyone is getting..

Attachments

#27 ·
Awesome video! I'm fairly certain I'll be purchasing or ordering a scatpack in a few months.

What is your initial opinion of the beats system?

#31 ·
That's true, it's nice to have everything stock for warranty purposes. I'd like to hear it in person first though

#32 · (Edited)
You may be able to find a Charger with the Beats system at a dealer so you could listen to it in person. My sister bought a 2014 with the Beats Audio, and listening to her system cost me $995 because i had to have it after hearing it in person. IMHO it is a significant upgrade over the stock system, which in itself is pretty good as far as stock systems. The Beats Audio system beats (pun intended) any GM system that I've had. The only one that is close is the Bose system I had in my 2001 WS6 T/A.

I also had the opportunity to hear the Beats system in a 2015 R/T R&T and if anything it sounded even better than in the 2014.

Not sure if the Beats system is available on the 300 or not. I know they offer the Harmon Kardon on some models.

GTO_04

#33 ·
I think if I decide to order I'll definitely go listen to a system first and decide. It's encouraging to get feedback from you guys though. I've seen other threads where some really disliked it.

#36 ·
I should be getting my SP in the next few weeks and I have a question about running in the engine.
I thought new engines did not need to be RUN IN for the first 500 miles but it seems from comments on here that most people still do it.
What is the process for running in a new engine. I do a lot of highway miles so going from 30-60-30 is not really an option unless I want to get pulled over by the police.

#40 ·
Ugh why did I have to look at this thread. I was perfectly happy with my Charger and now I see your incredible new Scat Pack and I'm thinking crazy thoughts lol. Absolutely perfect color combo. Love it!

Reactions: Relentless
#46 ·
Now that the Scat Packs are in production, I would anticipate about an 8 week lead time, assuming the dealer has an allocation. FCA is still not picking up stock orders for SP's, only customer-sold orders, so you need to decide the exact options you want configured. The more options you add to the SP, the closer you will get to SRT territory and then you may be debating whether to upgrade to the SRT 392 instead of the SP! Negotiate your sell price first, then add the rebates (FCA, USAA, military, etc.) BEFORE you even discuss trade-in. Do your homework on trade-in value via the various on-line tools. PM me if you want further details on the contacts at Flemington Dodge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.