Charger Forums banner

PCV Valve Check & Replace - with photos

110K views 40 replies 20 participants last post by  Flys4fun 
#1 · (Edited)
PCV Valve - Check and replace, if necessary. That's what our maintenance schedule says. Well, here it is:

The PCV valve is sealed to the intake manifold with two o-rings.
Remove PCV valve by unscrewing 90 degrees until it just pops out. I found pliers to be handy.

After tabs have cleared, pull valve straight up from intake manifold.
Check condition of two valve O-rings - grease them with a little engine oil, which should be almost dripping from the PCV valve anyway, just smear a little on the o-rings with your finger.

Give it a little shake - it should rattle. If it doesn't rattle, you need to replace it. Good luck finding it. I tried checker and autozone, they can't even order it yet. At checker, only the MOPAR part came up, listed at $42, but it wasn't available for order.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
rockauto.com lists them at $37 each ...

great write-up ! :)

#4 ·
I have the dumbs, cannot brain.

#7 ·
great write up, i didnt know how to change one thanks, at what miles do you change it?

#9 ·
Yes .... shake it ... if it rattles, then it is still not gunked up and working properly ...

#11 ·
If you a have a 3.5L, that's NOT where the PCV is located.

#15 ·
I have the 3.5l where is the pcv at??

#12 · (Edited)
I just changed mine yesterday :)

Here's the old white one (new piece is all black) and the packaging showing the part # I got from trademotion.com (aka Franklin Sussex Auto Mall) for about $27 + shipping :

PS : I originally ordered from rockauto.com, the part number listed for the 2007s, but then I got an e-mail saying the part number is no longer available and the order was cancelled, so I ordered the Mopar piece from trademotion.com :)

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
The 3.5 probably doesnt have one. Not much use for one

#17 ·
What???? then where do you hook up the bt catch can at?

#18 ·
To vacuum lines like you do on every other vehicle.

#19 ·
Does anyone have a pic of the correct location of a catch can installed on a 3.5L? Where is the pcv? The hose barb that is in right valve cover that the hose going to the intake is welded /pressed in. Do i nee to remove the valve cover to replace the pvc valve?

#20 ·
#21 ·
That is a 2.7L

#24 ·
#27 ·
So has anyone with a 3.5L H.O. replace the PCV? Do we have one?

#29 ·
^^^^^^^ yep :yes: its right above the egr solenoid on the back of the passenger side

#30 ·
Great writeup - this should be added to "How Do I Everything..."

#32 ·
No, i said it might not have one and most runner valve cars dont have them , modern or old. I never said it didnt, i just said its possible it might not. I tore a 3.5 down today and saw it so i was saying i agree with you. Is that okay?

#33 ·
That's fine. No offense, because I come off kind of harsh at times as well, but you tend to come across like whatever you say is the truth, and you had said it probably didnt have one, and were quick to jump on me for my post. Then you switched your position. Could have put in your post that you tore down a 3.5L today and confirmed that there was one, rather than just saying they do, like you knew the whole time, after I posted that I verified on my own car.

#34 ·
I was just stating that there are lots of cars that dont have them. you implied that all new cars do and thats just not the case. No biggie. You cant tell tone over the net.
None the less i was agreeing with you that it has one and thats the location since many people couldnt find it. Its not listed in the service manual but it is physically there on the motor.

#35 ·
Thanks I will look later today. my 06 should have it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.