Charger Forums banner

burnout

5K views 42 replies 26 participants last post by  MagnesiumPearlR/t 
#1 ·
i have installed the no esp, when i turn off the esp, my abs still goes on and i dont get that big of a burnout. if i have esp on, it just shuts everything down, so i know it is working. are some of you guys with video clips using bleach or WD-40 on your tires first or what the hell is wrong with my car?

#2 ·
I have always been able to burn out. Maybe it takes practice. I put it in 1st not D, power brake and let the smoke fly. I don't have the No-esp mod. Have the stock switch and turn it off.

#3 · (Edited)
i only have 1700 miles on it, would that make a difference? NOESP mod from NOESP made my car suffer more then by just turning off esp by the factory style. with noesp on i couldnt do a burnout. with esp off (factory) the smoke was rollin. WHY?

#4 ·
Did you just press the button to turn it off? Or did you hold it?

#5 ·
i just turned it off by pressing it. i did not hold it, i have a R/T. Are you talking about holding it while cranking over the motor? NOESP does nothing.

#6 ·
if you have the no esp mod you have to hold the button for 5 seconds untill mr squiggles and the esp bas light comes on with a chime, to reset the system simply turn off the car and restart

#7 ·
i totally understand how it works, but with mr squiggles and the esp bas light on, my abs kick on and my front tires wont hold. by turning esp off the normal, stock, it allows me to burn rubber. the weird thing that i forgot to mention is that my car wouldnt do a burnout with the factory esp off until the NOESP board went in. can someone with the NOESP mod try to do a burnout with just the factory setup.

#8 ·
That is odd, I have a stock '07 R/T, and with just hitting the ESP button, I can do burnouts no problem, without even doing a break stand. I tried to a 0-60 run the other day, and end up with 30 ft patches when I got into it too much.

#13 ·
Wow. My car won't do a burnout AT ALL, unless I do a brake-stand (which technically isn't a burnout). Even when I turn off ESP and floor it in 1st gear, maybe I might get a little chirp form the wheels, but that's it. I guess it proves the traction control really works, because I've had a few 5.0L Mustangs and a couple Corvettes in the past and every single one of them could lay a patch.

-=FLEX=-

#9 ·
Your mileage may have something to do with it, these cars don't seem to wake up until 3000+ miles.

#11 ·
burn out

I have a 07 R/T stock from a stand still with esp off in first gear no brakes i get a short burn out and then it launches foward.
remember first gear not in auto D
if you press on the barkes with esp off you should be able to really lay down some rubber i sure can
20,000 miles on my HEMI
black top works alot better then concrete does for burn outs plus eats alot less tire
good luck
maybe i have a good HEMI never run a 1/4 mile but my 0-60 time so far is 5.63 sec not sure if thats good for a no mod motor

#17 ·
I have a 07 R/T stock from a stand still with esp off in first gear no brakes i get a short burn out and then it launches foward.
remember first gear not in auto D
if you press on the barkes with esp off you should be able to really lay down some rubber i sure can
20,000 miles on my HEMI
black top works alot better then concrete does for burn outs plus eats alot less tire
good luck
maybe i have a good HEMI never run a 1/4 mile but my 0-60 time so far is 5.63 sec not sure if thats good for a no mod motor
That may be the thing, on our local roads around here which are very rough as far as surface goes, I get about 10ft and then she hooks and goes, However on the parking lot at my shop I can punch it and the car won't even move for 1/2 second, just starts pouring smoke.

The surface you're on has alot to do with it.

Cars do vary too, (sometimes alot) especially with the way our Chargers "learn" to adapt to the driving style....

#12 ·
its seems to me when i hit the gas from a stop the car just wants to do a burn out right away. even with the esp on. im not sure why it isn't doing it for you. thats weird.

#14 ·
maybe some 2007 chargers are "broken". its probaly a dealer thing to stop chargers from burnin rubber, i dont know.

#15 ·
I could burn the tires all day when I had the stock tires on. When I put on the 22's it takes a little more work to do a burn out.

#25 ·
I also can roast my tires with the esp off. My car is bone stock. But the conditions of the road have a lot to do with it. In some areas my car just hooks right up and goes, and in other areas, it will roast it until I get off the gas... Double check your work and hopefully it will work out for you.

#27 ·
you just sold me on the gs motorsports no esp fan mod. thank you

#28 ·
i think i should have too. everyone says the the GS is to much money, but, its the same price as NOESP's automatic fan mod and noesp module.

#29 ·
The road condition and material used has a lot to do with it. Some streets will let your tires loose, others aren't as forgiving.

I find, when starting from a stand still, let the car roll forward a few yards by releasing the brakes, then hammer it, it burns rubber like no problem. Can even get it to chrip going into second gear.

Stock 2006 R/T w/ R&T option, CAI only.

#30 ·
If traction is good, and the tires are soft (warm weather, new tires) it's not as easy to roast the tires. Even my Daytona won't do very much of a burnout since the weather has been 75+ degrees out. When I first installed mine in February, I could lay patches with ease. If you're doing a brakestand, you may feel ABS kicking in on the front tires. Don't forget - the rears are moving, so the car thinks that the front tires are locked up - so it pulses them. If you feel the brakes pulse on a back wheel, it's the BLD (Brake Lock Differential) system working - an electronic Posi that uses the ABS system to keep BOTH rear wheels spinning, not just one.

If you want to see your car really brake loose with NoESP, either find sealed blacktop (like a parking lot that was recently sealed) or wet pavement. I've found that those with the best burnoutability either have CAI/Catbacks/other mods, or live in cooler climates( and some are just plain lucky) Also, you can see that it's doing its job by doing a donut. Whith ESP 1/2 off, you can't. With ESP fully off, you can go nuts.

As for the difference between GSM's ESP mod and NoESP, they both work by doing the same thing: they cut power to the DSS (Dynamics) module. NoESP does it for you by tripping a relay. GSM makes you add a switch. If you're going to go that route then just do the RTJunkie mod for $5.00. As far as fan mods go, just search this forum for reviews on both...

Also keep this in mind: When the tires are new, they are softer, stickier, and of a larger diameter. All this makes them harder to brake loose. As they age, herden, and wear, you can brake them loose with ease.

... OK, I'm done. Any comments?

#31 ·
damn you are full of info. you are discribing the exact sound im hearing (pulses). in the electronic rearend. you are right with the donut and your comment on the noesp mod. with it half off i drift a little bit but not much. with your module it will spin my around car alot more. it does work but it made my factory esp (half off) better then it was.

#34 ·
I surprised that no one has told him to reset HAL. When i do i feel like my car has more power.. last time i did it i could breakem loose with ease...
Try pulling the fuses.. and then hit a blacktopped parking lot and have some fun.

#37 ·
I think the GSM ESP mod must do more than just disabling the ESP on the SRT8 by holding in the button. The mod is offered for the SRT8 and it simply doesn't make sense to sell a mod for a feature you already have. Even with the ESP shut off all the way, the TCS is still enabled on my SRT8 as evidenced that the engine will not go more than 2500 - 3000 rpm's with the brakes engaged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.