Charger Forums banner

Stripped oil drain plug, want to replace with drain plug

15K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  x111103 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have done my oil changes myself since owning my car for the last two years. I got the idea of letting "JIFFY LUBE" to change my oil with my carry in Mobile 1 and what a f*cking mistake it was. I always use a closed end wrench to change my oil so I know I didn't strip it. I go to change my oil last night and noticed the bolt felt a little rounded off smh. Went ahead and threw my wrench on there and what do you know, I finished the rounding off of the bolt them assh*les started. So my question is, have any of you tried the oil/draincock plug? If so, do you like it and where can I get one from?

Edit: Looks like c*ck is bad word on here, that is why my title of my thread shows **** at the end lol.

#3 ·
Lol, i work in any kind of weather. I took my fascia off and installed my halos last January, you know what winter is like here so I don't have to explain. All I can say is never again. I know how to fix it, nothing a pair of big azz vice grips can't fix lol. You need to let me see what that spoiler looks like next time you over my way. :beerchug:

#6 ·
#7 ·
I really recommend staying away form those quick drain plugs. I have seen some of them get bad to where they would start leaking from there including one guy whos plug some how got opened while driving and well you can guess what happened. and last many places wont touch cars with those, Like where i work any car with a quick drain is declined, to much liability issues.

#10 ·
When I got my charger, I guess the dealer changed the oil and must have had a Strong Man contestant tighten the plug. It took 2 days and several new tools to get the POS finally off. I put a replacement plug from Autozone on and it came with a plastic washer. Changed my oil this past weekend and found oil slowly dripping from the plug. I guess it worked it's way loose and was not even hand tight. Replaced that plug with another with a rubber seal( like the original)...so far so good.

KC, if and when you "Start Living in Style" (silly video)...let us know how you like the new drain valve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.