Charger Forums banner

OCD Much???

6K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 ·
I cleaned the car today and did a quick underhood detail. We have this stupid tree in our front yard with these tiny little leaves (they kinda look like fern leaves) that get in every nook and cranny.

I couldn't get rid of them with my hands so I literally got Mrs Flex's hair dryer and stood on the driveway for 20-30 minutes blowing the leaves out of all the crevaces. The worst was in the cavity around the windshield wiper mount on the driver's side. It was jam packed with them!

Lady across the street was looking at me like I was nuts! LOL. :banana:

#2 ·
Your neighbor thinks you're crazy? She'd think I needed to be committed then, as I'm a step further... I'm actually CDO. That way the letters are all in the correct order.

Reactions: WHEELS.D
#6 ·
Ah a Locust Tree!
Are you a wizard?

We've lived here for 11 years, since this place was built, and I never new the name of that tree.

It was always so small and anemic we laughed about it. Every year at Christmas when we put lights on it we joked it looked like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree because is was so small and bare.

But in the last couple of years it seems to have taken off and grown huge and it is a real PITA with these leaves now...they're ubiquitous...and so small they get everywhere!!!

#11 ·
The simple answer is to cut the tree down and replace it with one that has bigger leaves. Just sayin' that when a tree makes me do more work to keep my car clean...it's firewood.

#13 ·
The simple answer is to cut the tree down and replace it with one that has bigger leaves. Just sayin' that when a tree makes me do more work to keep my car clean...it's firewood.
I would love to but we can't. We live in a Condominium townhouse. We own the house but not the land; all the houses have the same stupid tree out front. The condo board maintains the grounds and the exterior of the units. Hell we even had to ask permission just to add a screen/glass door out front and it took over 6 months and they had to approve the door we got.

Either the compressor line cranked up or the leaf blower.
I own neither so I improvised.

#8 ·
Pick up a cheap Harbor Freight air compressor and get a blow-gun tip. They work wonders for nooks, crannies, and crevices.

#14 ·
I will say it's amazing how many leaves & how much dust accumulates quickly on this car...the cowl you describe is a leaf & dirt magnet- if it's not filled to the brim with leaves from this stupid tree at work, it's caked in dust.

Not to mention the rear end...if it's slightly wet outside it's like all the dirt & grime on the road kicks up to the rear end. The rest of the car can look fine, and the rear looks like it's been in a sandstorm!

At least it gives us all something to do...:)

Reactions: GTO_04
#15 ·
For some reason, the rear bumpers on my G8 and Chargers were (and are) dirt magnets! Worse yet, they accumulate some kind of road film that must be clay barred far more often than the rest of the car. My Trans Ams and GTOs were not quite as bad. The ledge on the rear bumper right at the trunk lid is wider on the G8 and Chargers so that must have something to do with it.

GTO_04

#16 ·
You are nuts... but that's a completely different topic ;)

Associations/developments that plant only one type of tree are stupid. When that tree gets diseased, it infects every other tree in the neighborhood.

Get a hemostat, that helps with retrieving small stuff like locust leafs. Only tree that's worse, willow trees.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.