Charger Forums banner

Best wheel locks?

18K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  myoung84 
#1 ·
Want to protect my 20"s, which brand do you guys recommend? TIA

#4 · (Edited)
I would go for the

They saved my 22s several times on my old 06 Charger... How'd I know?

I would walk out to my car and notice that my center caps were laying on the ground or were unscrewed almost all the way out... But the wheels were never stolen when I had the gorilla locks installed.

Then I sold the 22s and got some chrome clad 20s and used a normal lock kit for them thinking that they wouldn't be as hot an item... Stolen in two weeks...

#6 ·
Another vote for the System by Gorilla, I use it on my summer set.

I guess I hope folks don't steal my winter set and it has worked out so far...

#11 ·
No love for the Mopar locks?! Are they bad or something?

#14 ·
so if they look something like this

I have heard that these type tend to rust in the little nooks for the locks. I had an interesting experience with a similar type of locking nut on my Pathfinder. I didn't have the key for that lug nut- found out the hard way and got stuck with a flat. Had it towed to two tire shops that were unable to get the nut off, including a Nissan dealer. I ended up taking a larger socket, a mallet and a breaker bar and easily defeated it in about 5 minutes. I'm sure every system has a flaw, just my experience with this particular style / type.

#13 ·
Another plus on the Gorilla system not only is each one a lock they are also uniform. You don't have the single lock that looks different.

Anyone running stock lug nuts needs to replace them regardless of if they want locks (stock nuts are two piece and eventually fail) and anyone looking for locks the gorilla system is great for $45 bucks.

#18 ·
... Anyone running stock lug nuts needs to replace them regardless of if they want locks (stock nuts are two piece and eventually fail) and anyone looking for locks the gorilla system is great for $45 bucks.
My stock nuts were starting to get too mangled and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get them off may more times, so I got the Gorilla nuts/locks.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.