Charger Forums banner

Best wheel cleaner?

7K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 ·
I can see the wheels on my 2015 SRT are going to be a beeyotch to keep clean. Between the brake dust and getting caught in the rain on the way home from the tint shop, they were a mess. They're just shiny enough that they're going to have to be really clean to look good.

What wheel cleaner are you guys liking? I've been using pretty much whatever has been on sale in the past, but on this car, that's not gonna cut it.

As a side note, I hope to get some pix to post up tomorrow after work.

#2 ·
My favorite product for brake dust and fairly heavy wheel cleaning work is Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner. Should you go this route, I recommend getting a "kit" that includes some brushes too and the turbo stick that allows you to reach the wheel drum behind the spokes and clean that too.

#3 · (Edited)
I have a 2014 Jeep SRT and the Brembos make a huge mess within a day after cleaning the wheels. The long term solution is a low-dust brake pad set.

But to answer your question directly, I only use car wash soap (currently use Chemical Guys and Duragloss products) and water. I avoid any product that could possibly damage the wheel clear coat.

As an aside, I have Baer brakes on my Daytona. They use Corvette C6 pads which are almost dust-free.

Reactions: POWERMAN
#6 ·
Agreed with Powerman. If you keep on top of it any car soap will do.

If you've gotten lazy and the brake dust has discolored the wheels that IronX stuff is magic.

I stored my winters wheels without cleaning them first and they turned rust colored and nothing I did got them clean. Sprayed on that IronX stuff and let them sit and now they look brand new.

But more importantly when did you get your car and where the heck are the pics??????

#7 ·
#8 ·
I have been wondering about this also, the Brembo's make a huge mess in no time. So far I am just soap and water once a week when I wash it, guess I can do that in between washes too. Does anybody have a source for low dust pads that will work?

#10 ·
Does anybody have a source for low dust pads that will work?

I finally had to replace the stock pads last October and I got the Hawk FerroCarbon pads and they work great with significantly less brake dust.

I bought them from SpeedLogix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.