Charger Forums banner

HID issue

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  R/t Ran 
#1 ·
Installed HIDs in my high beams tonight with the anti flicker set up. Was switching from hi to low beams to make sure everything was working and the third flip my passenger side stopped working, I tried a new ballast and new headlight with nothing, I then tried the stock bulbs and nothing. The driver side works perfectly and is hooked up the same way....

How do I tell if I fried the wiring?

There wasn't any popping, cracking, no smells... I didn't get my voltmeter out to check, but after no power to stock bulbs, I just assumed...

#3 ·
Check for power with the voltmeter. But that isn't very telling of any issues. Try resetting the computer with a battery unplug, checking/clearing DTCs, and checking fuses.

#4 ·
I ended up putting the original bulbs in and everything worked. I bought 35w digital ballasts and when the motor isn't running they turn on and go from lo to hi with no problems coming on. As soon as I try it with the motor on... Either Flickering or nothing at all.... Thoughts?

Someone suggesting grounding the ballasts? Not sure how to do that. Never had issues like this with HID ballasts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.