Charger Forums banner

Proposed EPA law will make Performance Modifications Illegal

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  JCE 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
I'm all for efficiency and lowering emissions, but this is NOT the way to do it. Pretty sure there are far larger sources of pollution than a few race cars...and more than enough priuses and people who could give a shit about driving to offset it anyway..

Reactions: GTO_04
#4 ·
This isn't the first time and definitely won't be the last time that the EPA tries to enforce this. Thankfully groups like SEMA step in.

#5 ·
I just hope that SEMA succeeds in getting this para out of the new regulation. If they fail there will be a lot of aftermarket shops going out of business.

It does not help that they have the support of the current President with his new CAFE standards and the backing of the Automobile manufacturers.

#7 ·
If this goes through, any product that you see that states "for off road use only" would be taken off the shelf. You would not have a choice any more to put in on. I would be illegal to sell the item.

#11 ·
you guys ain't seen nuttin yet. With proposed CAFE stds, a fiat 500 will be considered a large luxury car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.