Charger Forums banner

Best Way to Permanently Lower

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  TopBanana454 
#1 ·
I have a 2009 Daytona and I would like it to sit a bit lower and turn a bit sharper.

At first I was just going to do Eibach Coils but those cost a bit, and since I don't plan on adjusting the height I'm not sure they're worth the extra 1k...

Came across these options from Moparsupercenter.com today, any thoughts on which would be the better permanent solution? I am running 20s right now and don't plan on changing.

1. Hotchkis - http://www.moparsupercenter.com/hotchkis-charger-stage-1-tv-s-system80104-1.html

2. Mopar - http://www.moparsupercenter.com/srt...8-10-charger-300-challenger-5-7lp5155435.html

Anyone have experience with these? How much did you drop? Did handling improve significantly?

#2 ·
I had the eibach springs (didn't change shocks). Lowered to a nice stance but after a year or so found them too bouncy.

I switched to KW variant 2 shocks and springs and have been very happy

They are adjustable in ride height and rebound so you can tune to your liking.
They will cost about $1700 or so if you shop around.

#5 · (Edited)
#2 says specifically that it's NOT a lowering kit. Although it will lower some but like ½-¾inch, which IMO is not worth the price and time to install it.

If you have the money or want to save enough, get #1.

If not go with the Eibach Pro-kit or Mopar Stage 1's, which are the same thing different color spring. And get some good shocks, you'll be alright. Cause you will need new shocks because of the Nivomats, which are self leveling. In case you weren't aware.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
I love my Eibach set up, springs dampners and sways. Car rides like a dream and corners very well!!

#12 ·
i'm assuming you'd have to contact circuit motorsport directly for these??... i just tried seeing them on their website and it said they wont fit a 2011 charger. the price for these in the link you provided is phenomenal and i'd like more info on them

#13 ·
I am awaiting delivery to install the Hotchkis TVS1 and Bilsteins all around. I got them from tirerack.com, they actually are a little cheaper than moparsupercenter, since they ship for free.

#16 · (Edited)
So I have now got the Bilsteins all arond and the Hotchkis TVS 1 installed, hasn't completely settled in yet, but it is nice and tight in turns without much change to the straight line comfort and looks great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.