Charger Forums banner

What engine oil for SRT

10K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  370 HEMI 
#1 ·
#14 ·
LOL Now THAT was funny :beerchug:

Perhaps someone will recommend the Polyrazmatazz 0 to 60 MAXX superspecial dihexoidal blend with alpha clusters in rhombohedral configuration blend.

Wait for it........
Hey I just got a gallon of that from Brian and my book value went up five grand. :biggrinjester:

For most people, an oil that is good for -58 degrees below zero is not necessary! This is what a 0 centipoise oil is all about.

Like cutting your toe nail with a chainsaw!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
Have you SEEN some of the toe nails around here? :beerchug:

#10 ·
For most people, an oil that is good for -58 degrees below zero is not necessary! This is what a 0 centipoise oil is all about.

Like cutting your toe nail with a chainsaw!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#9 · (Edited)
Schaeffer Oils make various different types of oils as does many other typical price oil companies.

They are trying to have a formula for everyone in different price ranges. Their claim to fame is high Molybdenum Disulfide. There are better ways to protect your SRT8!

What they don't do is take into consideration what EXACTLY you have and what mods you have, how you drive it, where you live, and what are the determining factors that you find yourself in.

What we do is take into consideration every aspect of your SRT8 and produce a custom blended lubricant that is specific. We don't carry oils at different prices, just a single price point to make it easy for you.

$12.76 per quart made in 1 gallon increments. 2 gallons of 12.5w40 QuantumBlue HP Competition Formula that is good for 10k miles or 2 years. After oil analysis we can determine how far your particular car can go. We routinely have SRT8 6.1L Hemi cars going 15k miles with our oil and filters with virtually no wear!

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157116

If you want the best protection for your SRT8, QuantumBlue is where you will get it!;)

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#13 ·
#19 ·
From the 2012 SRT8 Manual:

Engine Oil Selection
For best performance and maximum protection under all
types of operating conditions, the manufacturer only
recommends full synthetic engine oils that meet the
requirements of Chrysler Material Standard MS-10725
and are approved to MB 229.3 or MB 229.5 (will be listed
on the back label of the oil container).
The manufacturer recommends the use of a full synthetic
5W-40 or equivalent engine oil.

End of story....The logic that using something else because NASCAR uses it is flawed. NASCAR engines run a totally different service duty. They are looking for absolute HP and Torque and only plan on a life cycle of 300 to 500 miles......think about it:confused:

#21 ·
Let me just assure you that what is in race engines you can't buy off the shelf! They are custom designed for the application and cost upwards of $40-$60.00 per quart.

Unless you look at oil analysis, all the discussion of "if it is good enough" is just anacdotal and really doesn't prove anything. It is simply belief in marketing and not science.

They do not have any other agenda than to make maximum profits and meet the standards.....no more!

There is this error of belief that they really care about me and my car and would make the very best for me to protect my car since they recommend it from the factory. You will find that not the best oils are recommended, but the ones with the largest covering and ease of purchase by the customer.

We were told that QB would never be recommended by the mfr and oems because we are too specialized in what we do. True, we make materials only for specific applications that would not be everything to everyone everywhere all the time........the definition of mediocrity!

It is easy to dismiss QB, but you find those that use it and have tried BOTH don't dismiss it as they know the differences!:bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#25 ·
OP asked a question, please keep responses to the question.

My tolerance for cleaning up bashing threads has grown quite thin.

WRT BND, as a paying vendor, he's allowed to promote his own oil. Just like any other member that promotes their favorite oil like Amsoil or Royal Purple. We just don't allow members to promote a specific oil, if they personally benefit from that promotion.

If you have a brand of oil you like, then suggest it, even better if you have any DATA to back up your decision to use that oil.

#33 ·
Thanks everyone for your feed back.... I didn't want to start anything,thanks to people like Brian for his knowledge who does have a pastion for what HE beleives in. We as consumers have the right to listen or not to buy a certain product or not.

I have been a way from the forum for a couple of years. When I first got my CHARGER SRT8 in 06 this forum helped me out tremendously. Then I had to sell it......NOW I have a garage QUEEN 07 super bee love it and with 12k mile on it. I just want to keep the car perfect mechanically so that's why I was asking about the oil.

I didn't need to get any smart a-- answers. I just don't understand why you can't ask a Question with some people just being nasty. Just remember you didn't know everything about your CHARGER when you first got it. Thanks All

#41 ·
Based on the science of oil analysis and not anacdotal statements, a 12.5w40 QuantumBlue HP Competition Formula will really protect your 6.1L Hemi and do it for up to 15,000 miles without issues.

Here is a Dodge Challenger that we did for 15k miles.

This was accomplished over 2 years. So a garage queen and yet daily driver doesn't need oil every 6 months or even yearly. Designed really helps take great care of your beast!:bigthumb:

Regards,

Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.