Charger Forums banner

Interior Map Light (Removal)

18K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ivyrapids 
#1 ·
This is going to sound stupid but I got some LED lights and want to replace my interior lights. does anyone know how to remove the light cover so I can replace the bulb? I figured out how to remove it for the rear lights but not the front map lights.. help I am sitting in the car now....

lol

thanks

#3 ·
It just pulls down. There are 3 clips holding it up.
I pulled mine down because I bought the garage door module and wanted to install it in my SXT, but the wire to power the module was not there. So I took it back, they refunded my money, then I fired off a bunch of letters to Mopar saying they're missing out on extra parts money.

#4 ·
ok can anyone post here how to get it off without using a screw driver if you DONT have the gargae door remote?

I already made a midl attempt and see the plastic about to want a scratch in it if i proceed. So would appreciate a little detail here and yes, I did search, thats how I found this post. lol

#5 ·
Buehler? Buehler? Anyone? Anyone?

#6 ·
cmon guys im running out of sunlight. doesnt ANYONE know how to take the cover off before I go and try with a screwdriver again?

#7 · (Edited)
There is a slot up front that a flat screwdriver fits in. Gently pull down on both the right then left corner so that the plastic clip unsnaps. then unhook the backside of the plastic lens closest to the rear of the car. Next pull down on the silver cover. Now you can pop the Bulb out. I chose not to put the Metal silver cover back on. I think it's used to direct the stock bulbs light. But without it the LED shines much stronger.

Wow, I just answered a 4 year old question.I hope he figured it out before me?

#8 ·
LIGHTS WON'T GO OFF!?
We replaced the back passenger lights with blue LEDs. 5-light pattern in each LED. The problem is when all the lights should be off the middle of each LED is still on - can hardly see it, but it is on. The same type of LED was used to replace the rear license plate light, same problem.

We also replaced the front map lights with blue LEDs. 8-light pattern in each LED. These do not stay on any longer than you would expect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.