Charger Forums banner

rear trunk deck surface protector

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MotoAce51 
#1 ·
I am looking for something to protect the rear area just below the trunk lid on the Charger. Its had some scratches that i can remove but I'm sure someone makes a rubber mat type of thing to go there. I've been searching but its always a matter of the right phrase to search for. Any ideas? i thought I saw one somewhere here on the forum.

Thanks.

Lewis

#2 ·
You can put clear vinyl on it

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#3 ·
They say you can find them on eBay but I only see them occasionally.

#4 ·
get a sheet of uncut scotchgard only (youtube why you dont want to use other sub-par types. even 3m ventureshield doesnt hold up all that well) and take a cardboard template of the strip...use that to cut the size you need. i have yet to see, in any manufacturer, a precut kit for our cars that looks good.

#5 ·
Can we see pics of what the finished product looks like?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

This post has been deleted
#7 ·
Chrome lip? Have a pic? Either way, use the search and look for Plasti Dip. Its a rubberized paint that he could use to paint over the chrome (easy, needs no paint experience) That way if he doesn't like it, you can actualy peal the paint back off without damaging the chrome/ paint under it. Check out https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.