Charger Forums banner

Billet Tech: what's old is (sort of) new again

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  sector 2 
#1 · (Edited)
I am awaiting my 2017 RT plus w/ STP, and am already cannibalizing my 2013 R/T. I am taking off the MOPAR strut tower braces and bought slotted rotors, Red Stuff pads, steel brake lines and caliper covers. As far as the engine bay is concerned, I took out my catch can and polished it up. I pulled out the Moroso coolant tank along w/ the blue silicone coolant lines. I have billet tech dress up pieces. Some were from my '07 and some from my '13, but pretty much made a complete dress up kit. They were in satin and in pretty sad shape. So, I decided to rough them up w/ sandpaper. I then gave two coats each of high temp ceramic primer, low gloss black and clear coat. I wished I would have taken before pics, and I don't know which items will or will not fit the '17. I don't even know how they will hold up....but I figured out I might as well try. Also got a new braided line kit coming from Speedlogix. Let me know if anyone has done this as well.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks guys...we shall see. Howzit, Ron!!

#6 ·
Sometimes it takes awhile to load...

#10 ·
You put in a lot of time on that...awesome job! :bigthumb:

Reactions: joekd
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.