Charger Forums banner

I'm really starting to hate the Frontal Collision Warning (VID)

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Nitemare 
#1 ·
First sorry about the bad audio, I had the sound set to a comfortable level only 15. For some reason my Dashcam really picks up on the bass for some reason. It sounds like i'm listening to rap, when it's really Korn, haha.

For reference I was only doing 50. I would guesstimate the truck was 1/8 mile in front of me. This seems to be occuring more and more lately.

In traffic I have to shut it off, especially in Dallas because sometimes while changing lanes it's almost caused a wreck by engaging the automatic braking.

#2 ·
That almost seems a little too sensitive... mine almost never goes off unless I am no crap about to hit the car in front of me, and I've only had the active braking happen one time. Situations like that where the car in front is about to turn, or in the process, and you are maintaining speed do set it off most of the time in my case though. I don't mind it... better safe than sorry.

#3 ·
I shut mine off the first time it was activated and it's been off ever since.

It came on as I was passing some turtle in the left lane on his right. It automatically engaged the brakes as I went past him so I almost got rear-ended by the truck coming up on me in the middle lane.

Never again.

#4 ·
I'm kinda at that point too flex, it's a shame because it could be useful in Dallas traffic. Usually though I end up having to turn it off BC when I'm changing lanes I've almost caused a wreck because the car starts hyperventilating and goes full potato and slams on the brakes if it feels it's too close.

#5 ·
In the "Settings" App, you can change the FCW from Far to Near to reduce the sensitivity. You can also uncheck the FCW Active Braking.

Reactions: isaacmaple08
#7 ·
This is one reason I didn't go with this on my scatpack. The thought of a situation like flex's scares me enough to keep me away from it.

#9 ·
I drove with all that nanny crap for about 3 days before I turned as much of it off as I could. Couldn't idle into a stop sign. Heaven forbid a car was coming up to a stop sign on a side street. The car would flip out even though I didn't have a stop and was on a main road. Stupid blind spot lights are a distraction, thank goodness you can turn those off. Its all just a distraction.

#10 ·
I agree. I had this on my 2013 RT MAX. It did not have the active braking unless the ACC was on and I could not take it. It was more of a novelty. I also did not get it on the SP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Wow, really don't see how all of you are having such bad problems. I even have my warning set to FAR and have practically no issues. You all are either following way too closely, or my system is golden!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.