Charger Forums banner

Need tips on Random Misfire

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  fastback79 
#1 ·
Hello, i have posted before about my problem with a random misfire code (p0300) in my engine, I was advised to check over the fuel injectors and egr tube seal and vacuum lines, i did all that and could not find anything wrong.

I purchased a obd2 scanner and looked over all the sensors and stuff while the car runs.

This is the only thing i see that could be wrong:

Short term fuel trim (bank 1)= 2.3%
Long term fuel trim (bank1)= -15.6%
Short term fuel trim (bank 2)= 10.2%
Long term fuel trim (bank 2)= 2.3%

The diagnostic also says MILerror: (4) spark ignition

im no expert but this looks really suspicious to me.

my symptoms are very poor fuel economy (im talking like, i drive 30 miles to work and spend about 1/4 tank in that trip. also my engine light blinks sometimes when im idling at a stop light. and the engine shakes while thats happening, which is most likely the misfire causing it. I dont want to annoy people by reposting about the same problem but i couldnt find my old post and this is new information on this problem i came up with. Thanks in advance guys.

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
I don't know which engine you have or when the spark plugs were last replaced. But since the MILerror is indicating "spark ignition", I would check the spark plug wires/connections and the spark plugs.

#4 ·
Hello, i have posted before about my problem with a random misfire code (p0300) in my engine, I was advised to check over the fuel injectors and egr tube seal and vacuum lines, i did all that and could not find anything wrong.

I purchased a obd2 scanner and looked over all the sensors and stuff while the car runs.

This is the only thing i see that could be wrong:

Short term fuel trim (bank 1)= 2.3%
Long term fuel trim (bank1)= -15.6%
Short term fuel trim (bank 2)= 10.2%
Long term fuel trim (bank 2)= 2.3%

im no expert but this looks really suspicious to me.

my symptoms are very poor fuel economy (im talking like, i drive 30 miles to work and spend about 1/4 tank in that trip. also my engine light blinks sometimes when im idling at a stop light. and the engine shakes while thats happening, which is most likely the misfire causing it. I dont want to annoy people by reposting about the same problem but i couldnt find my old post and this is new information on this problem i came up with. Thanks in advance guys.
I'm having same issue with my 2015SE that has only 2000 miles on it. Engine MIL code 300 comes up and car shakes at random. Dealer is backed up with this issue and I'm waiting for the expert technician to look at it. After doing research, this seems like a problem every year. I hope this issue is not killing the internal motor components.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.