Charger Forums banner

Blowing hot air

8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rodneyiii 
#1 ·
hello all, don't know if i'm putting this in the right area, but here it goes.

we have a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T, and when we start if there is an abundant of hot air coming through the vents, the ac is off and the temp is on cold.

dO ANY1 KNOWS WHY THIS IS HAPPENING OR HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.:confused:

#2 ·
We're going to need a bit more information.

Does this only happen in summer heat?
Does this only happen after running the A/C before shutting her down?
Does this only happen after parking in the sun on a hot day?
Does it happen if you leave her parked overnight in a garage?

I suspect that what you are experiencing is the remaining condensation in the A/C when you shut her off heating up in the summer heat and when you start her up it blows hot humid air at you. Mine does it at it's worst when I go to the store on a hot day, shut her off, and restart again an hour or two later. You can reduce this by shutting off the A/C and leaving the fan running for a minute or two before turning off the car. I also find that turning the fan to low and the A/C on before starting reduces the amount of "dragon's breath" blown in my face. I crank the fan up to where I like it once the air blows cool. Also, make sure you are not leaving it on recirculation or turning the fan to off when you shut down since this closes the damper doors and traps the humidity inside the box making it worse.

#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.