Charger Forums banner

Can anyone tell me how to program a key?

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ZangetsuCharger 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to program an key for my 06 charger. I order a blank key with the lock, unlock, trunk and panic buttons on it. I got the key cut, now just need to program it to my car...... Anyone knows how...... I want to say thank you in advance.......

#3 ·
So you saying I need 3 keys total.....

#5 ·
Yes, you need 2 keys that are ALREADY programmed....then you can program up to 8 more (i think). If you only have 1 key....like i did when i bought my charger, you have to take it to the stealership to get your 2nd one programmed. Once you have 2, you can do it yourself. i don't know how since i had the dealer do it. some on/off sequence or something

#6 ·
#8 ·
Thanks for the info everyone...... I was trying not to go to the stealership, but it looks like I have to..... unless someone know how to do this process with only one key..... lol

#9 ·
The only way to do it when you only have one key is to have the dealership program it. I have seen posts on what this can cost that range from free to around $45 to program your key. That is why I plan on buying a 3rd key for mine soon so I will still have 2 keys if something happens to one of them.

#10 ·
Oh, ok..... well I guess I will be at Dodge this weekend.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.