Charger Forums banner

best way to clean windows????

6K views 32 replies 27 participants last post by  parshooter 
#1 ·
What are some ways you all have done to successfully clean your windows without streaks, etc.? which products and what techniques, i.e.- spray with a cleaner ( please specify which ) then wipe with special cloth or squigy , etc. I have tried multiple cleaners but still look bad.. need suggestions!!
Thanx!

#5 ·
I used Aquapel on my windshield and it made rainx look like garbage. Its seemed to last forever.

As for cleaning windows. I use glasscleaner and 2 microfiber towels. The glass cleaner brand is not important as long as its decent. I spray the window then clean the window with one of the microfiber towels. When it dries I buff with the dry microfiber. Never have streaks. Never.

#7 ·
Newspaper and Stoner's.

I've found that the aerosol works better than the spray, though. I never use microfiber towels. They leave "microfibers" everywhere... so annoying... Perhaps I have only been using lousy-grade microfiber towels, though.

#9 ·
spray-away

Spray -away foam glass cleaner in a can, 1.98 at Target stores, in the home chemical section,not auto, I'm a glazier .

I have cleaned alootta glass-mirror ,can type glass cleaner work :rocker:

Also news paper does work very well on autos,shows some ink sometimes on mirror.

Ronn

#16 ·
Spray -away foam glass cleaner in a can, 1.98 at Target stores, in the home chemical section,not auto, I'm a glazier .

I have cleaned alootta glass-mirror ,can type glass cleaner work :rocker:

Also news paper does work very well on autos,shows some ink sometimes on mirror.

Ronn
X2 for me

#10 ·
First off....your glass must be cool. If you try on hot glass you will get streaks or fog everytime.
:bowdown:i like using 1/4 cup of white vinegar in 32 oz of water. Just leave the doors open for a little bit . the smell goes away fast and your windows are streak free. ( grandma taught me that trick---works like a charm!)

#19 ·
Yep, Though I use 1 vinegar and 3 parts water. Best window cleaner ever.

#12 ·
like the feedback guys , definetly some different techniques to try out.. does newspaper really work?? i would think it would leave the same residue it leaves on your fingers after reading em. ive heard about it just never tried it.
when i got my oil changed at the dealers they must have used a rag soaked in dirt and grease because they sure screwed my windows up good.. next time im gonna have to tell those guys if they wouldnt use that nasty rag on their rides dont use it on mine!!
ive been trying to clean my windows for a week now and are still dirty..

#17 ·
Stoners with newspapers.

#18 ·
use this

the best stuff is what they use to clean flat screens along with a micro fiber cloth......

bam .... problems gone!!...

no fogging no hazing .. nice and clean..:clap::clap:

#20 ·
You are all nuts, just lick 'em clean! hehe

I use Invisible glass with newspaper
tom

#21 ·
#22 ·
Add another vote for Stoner Invisible Glass (I use the foam) with a microfiber towel. Zero streaks, tint safe, and no odor.

#24 ·
When I got my windows tinted, they told me to clean my windows with a couple of drops of baby shampoo in a spray bottle of water. Works perfectly and is safe on tint.

#26 ·
Actually I recall that trick from my younger days too.

My understanding was the carbon in the ink made the windows look shinier.

-=FLEX=-

#31 ·
a friend of mine is a tinter and paint protection guy. he uses 7 parts water to 1 part rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle. spray the mf towle then wipe the windows. it works awesome. that's all i use anymore.

#33 ·
Newspaper works well, but it's messy. I use Stoners glass cleaner (for the outside only) and a waffle weave microfiber towel. I use water/vinager for the inside glass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.