Charger Forums banner

key fob issue

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  RScottyL 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I have a 2013 charger se and just yesterday I started having issues with my key fob. About a week ago my dash alerted me to replace the battery because it was low, so I did.

Yesterday I went to unlock my car with the remote and it popped my trunk open. I thought maybe I hit the trunk button, so I closed my trunk and hit the unlock button once, nothing happened... I hit it again and the trunk opened. The same goes for the lock button. When I try to start the vehicle it says key fob not detected, and when I try to start the vehicle the push to start button blinks a couple times. When I try to lock and unlock the car by pressing the door handle button, or opening it from the door handle its hit and miss... sometimes it will lock and unlock, other times it wont.

Has anyone experienced this issue where the lock and unlock buttons on the Fob open the trunk? Is it possible that I might have accidentally reprogrammed the key while it was in my pocket mashed against other keys? I tried unplugging the battery from the car, checked all fuses, replaced the fob battery again.. and still the same issue.

#2 ·
I haven't come across any TSBs or related concerns, logic951. Are you still under warranty? It may be best to have a dealership check out what you are experiencing.

#3 ·
Seems highly unlikely that you could reprogrammed your key fob accidentally. However I have no explanation for your issue. I would suggest a dealer visit.

I recently got my car and one fob worked great, while the other did everything but let you drive the car. Took it to the dealer to get it reprogrammed and came out 90 minutes later with a brand new key fob (no charge). Those key fobs cost over $250!

#4 ·
Have you tried your other FOB to see if that one is doing it as well?

If not, then you might have a bad key fob, usually cased by being dropped too many times!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.