Charger Forums banner

Transmission, abs,red dot,esp,bas,traction,airbag lights all on. Just bought car.

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TurboBacon 
#1 · (Edited)
Purchased a 2006 Charger, auto with the 3.5 engine.

All of these lights on the dash are on: Transmission, ABS, Red Dot (security?) ESP/BAS, Traction (squiggle lines) and Air Bag lights are all on. (Picture attached)

I drove it for an hour last night, all the electronics work, cruise control, heat/ac, windows, blinkers, lights.
The engine runs good, no misfiring, etc...
Transmission shifts and downshifts good through all gears.
Brakes work well, very well.

After looking it over there is a crack/indention in the front bumper cover, looks like it had a impact with something. Doesn't looks like the air bags deployed or anything in the interior was replaced.

Since it runs and drivers as it should I went ahead and bought it. Assuming all these lights should be indicating the car has many issues which should run poorly but it runs fine, just the lights are on. Figured it was worth what i paid for it.

Curious if anyone has some suggestions, maybe the front impact caused these to show up and they need to be cleared by the dealer or a shop with the proper scan tool?

*Did a key turn diagnosis for a code and none popped up, it just went to the ------ so no codes are thrown.*

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 1 minute, to reset the electronics?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.