Charger Forums banner

Charger - America's most Loved Full Size Sedan

5K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  neg_matnik 
#1 · (Edited)
No photobucket

Reactions: EddieFL
#7 · (Edited)
Actually, on the Chevy side the SS is comparable. The last thing Ford had that would have compared was the Mercury Marauder.

But yes, the Charger is the most loved car. Even I, a Chevy guy, was impressed enough to buy one. It's the first Dodge I've ever come across that I was willing to even rent, much less buy. My only regret is that I went with the 5.7 and not the 6.4. If the garbage Lincoln I had would have lasted another year, I'd have bought a 2017 with the 6.4, unless I'd have found a 2016 B5 Blue 6.4. Oh well, what's done is done.

#4 ·
It is simply a survey to see how well owners of various makes/models like their car. So people who drive Japanese transportation appliances are generally not too excited about them, whereas Charger owners are very loyal and LOVE their cars.

#5 ·
No surprise to any of us here. My neighbor has jokingly given me grief about the grape ape since I brought her home... that is, until I picked him up across town when he was having some work done on his 300Z. He quickly changed his tune on the ride home.

#9 ·
The S8 starts at 115K and goes up from there. For that kind of money I can buy a pair of Hellcats. The Audi better be a helluva car considering it goes for what I paid for my house.

#11 ·
While I love my Charger and always have, I have to recognize that this survey takes 120 aspects and gives them a score of 1-7. A score of 4 is "satisfactory" 1 is "hate it" and 7 is "love it".

An average score of 480 is perfectly 'satisfactory" and a "totally love it" score is 840

The Charger got a 489. That makes is just slightly above "satisfactory".

Makes me wonder what the rest in the class got and how close they were.

Interestingly, the Tesla got a score of 652 making it to 77.6% of "totally loved" where the Charger got only to 58.2% of "totally loved"....but it's on par with the rest of the premium models in their respective classes.

Most telling is the Smart Fortwo coupe which scored an abysmal 388 making is the "least hated" car in it's class. That score puts it 10% below even a "satisfactory" rating. Saying it was "most loved" in it's class is far too generous...LOL!

#12 ·
When I took the survey on mine I dinged them pretty hard on the crappy sound system that can't be replaced and using a touchscreen as a means to control the car. I rated it pretty high otherwise.

#22 ·
Gotta say, I love my charger and everyone loves my charger! Unbelievable how almost everywhere I go somebody makes a comment, and 50% of those comments are "Wow, sounds great, you have the V8 right?"

My uncle had a Taurus. Not a bad car, even the non SHOs can move, but a FWD-based car just handles differently than a RWD-based car. I had that stupid-ass Jeep Cherokee and it was FWD based. Torque-steer was godawful in that thing, granted it wasn't really built to be more than a mommy-MPG-mobile with some "rugged" plastic bits...

The only FWD cars I've ever liked are the Mazdas. Dodge & Mazda are the only companies that build cars that are actually meant to be fun to drive & worthy of some pride. Only issue with the Mazdas is that their engines, while great for low-end torque, just aren't very powerful overall.

If Sergio would drop dead already, I'd hope the next CEO might talk about contracting with Mazda to build the 200 as a rebadged Mazda 6 with a Pentastar shoved in it, and the Dart (er...maybe this time go with Avenger since everybody hated the Dart) can be a rebadged Mazda 3 with the same deal. Then Dodge could build the Charger as a rebadged...hmm...I guess Mazda 7? So that way they can leave Dodge with the big engines and satisfy the government's hard-on for turbo 4s in the Mazda version... then you get the engineers from Mazda over at Dodge to make the V8s more efficient & stronger down low...the Dodge engineers over at Mazda helping with design...but I digress in my dream for Mazda & Dodge to get together and make beautiful, awesome car babies together....

Reactions: JCE
#23 ·
The only FWD cars I've ever liked are the Mazdas. Dodge & Mazda are the only companies that build cars that are actually meant to be fun to drive & worthy of some pride.
Actually, I will slightly agree and disagree here. This was my old car, and it had the 100% best driving dynamics for a FWD ever in existence. Nothing FWD was better than this. I owned four Ford Focuses of varying years; '03, '05, '07, & '13 and they all had brilliant driving dynamics for a FWD with of course the '03 SVT being the best. Honestly if it wasn't so unreliable with the stupid-ass Getrag 6spd manual I would of probably kept it. Only had ~74k miles on it when I traded it. :( If I had $2,000 cash burning a hole in my pocket I'd defy my wife and buy another one as a project. ;) And then promptly sleep on the couch for a year. lol

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3817160/2003-ford-focus/photo-gallery/

I will also say my old '98 200SX SE-R was pretty bloody fantastic albeit a bit underpowered.

#24 ·
Gotta say, I love my charger and everyone loves my charger! Unbelievable how almost e

I love my charger too. 2nd one I've owned (my first '08 Charger R/T is now in the hands of my 16 year old) and I enjoy driving it every day. Looked at the Taurus SHO as well before I purchased my latest '14 R/T in September but I didn't care for the styling - Ford really needs to do a refresh on the Taurus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.