Charger Forums banner

Dodge Charger safety features!

4K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  zander21510 
#1 ·
Dodge does not give itself enough credit or publicity. I see all of these commercials for lane departure warning with steering correction and front impact automatic braking on many 2017 model cars of acura, Toyota, etc.. Dodge has had this technology since 2015! Even back in 2012 I think dodge had the lane departure light warning without the steering correction before many other car companies. I think the public c sees our cars as dangerous muscle cars with little safety features. I get such odd looks from parents when they see my car with my kids in the back seat.

#2 ·
Agreed. My previous 2012 R/T max was AWD with lane departure, warning, automatic braking, and adaptive cruise control. My 2012 SRT had the same. I absolutely LOVED the adaptive cruise control. When traveling in traffic or construction zones, I would set the distance and the car would maintain it without fail. Just an Awesome feature.

#8 ·
Are you sure about the lane departure on the 2012? I thought it was just blind spot monitoring for 11-14.

#3 ·
Odd looks from parents? Too bad - I've pulled up to my kid's day care and I've had dads with little kids asking me to rev the engine. Brings a smile to everyone's faces. It's a refreshing change from the sea of SUVs in the parking lot I have to navigate through.

Reactions: RScottyL
#7 · (Edited)
I agree!

I work at a Honda dealership, and Dodge had most of these safety features before Honda did!

Of course, I have been disappointed with Honda as far as them being "late to the game" with a lot of things!

#9 ·
It didn't steer for you like the new ones but it would flash and make a racket if someone was beside you when you hit the turn signal.

Sent from Motorola Droid Turbo

#10 ·
Ok, that just sounds like the blind spot monitoring. Mine has that too, and it also lights up in the mirror when someone is next to you.

#13 ·
Never checked it against deer or pedestrians lol, but think the owners manual says it might not pick up animals. I do know that a steel disc about 1 inch thick and 12 inches in diameter fell off a trailer in front of me and it picked that up easily and only 1 inch thick sliding down the road, it was steel though.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

#14 ·
I tell people all the time, it's got a 5 star safety rating and the optional gizmo package has all the radar cruise control, can stop the car, etc...

Heck, that's how I got wife-approval! It's safer than some of the SUVs she likes!

Everybody loves seeing a Charger. I get comments all the time, in the drive thru, starting it up. Funny enough, every single person commenting thinks I've got a V8 even with my stock exhaust...

#17 ·
I think they should also promote the survivability rate, if there is one. I've seen pictures on this site and other LX forums showing the aftermath of some truly terrible wrecks these cars have been involved in, with surprisingly minor injuries. :bigthumb:

Can't find it right now, but one memorable one was a lady who was sideswiped by a dump truck going the other way, it pretty much removed the left front wheel and driver's side of the car back to the B-pillar, and she only had a fractured leg.

#19 ·
Talking and bragging about safety is a double edged sword for car companies, it doesn't always help sell vehicles because the average person does not want to think about the fact that they can be killed in a car but no doubt these cars are safe. This Hellcat crashed at triple digit speeds then hit a light pole but all three passengers in the car walked away.

Attachments

#20 ·
I think the main audience/target market for these cars aren't focused on the safety aspects (as a priority), which is why all the Dodge commercials show burnouts and revving engines. They're all very nice to have though.

#22 ·
The safety features iam talking about are from the car commercials from the world series. All car companies - Toyota, Honda, Mercedes, chevy, etc... showed commercials in regards to their 2017 models having lane departure warning and front end collision. Dodge had this technology in 2015 and they do not promote that at all.

#26 ·
Ohio Trooper and a motorist seated in the front seat survived this crash after getting hit by a truck, had this been a Crown Victoria gas tank could have exploded. I'll take Charger any day over the other cop cars out there today.

Attachments

#27 ·
The main issue I see is that the optional "technology" package is far too expensive and too little ordered. These features should be stock, period. It would save a lot of lives. Just like TPMS is now mandatory, at least forward collision warning and blind spot monitoring should be mandatory.

#30 ·
It'll happen soon enough, that's how these things work, they start out in top-end cars, trickle down to overpriced packages for regular cars, and eventually when they become cheap & reliable enough to mass produce, they end up on all cars.

Same with just about every safety feature ever added to cars, ABS, Stability Control, backup cameras, TPMS, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.