Charger Forums banner

2017 Build AND Ship Next Week?

44K views 340 replies 31 participants last post by  vivid 
#1 ·
I just got off the phone with the 800-992-1997 FCA # to get a status on the build of my 2017 Scat. After entering my VIN #, they told me they show I'm at D1 status and they show an estimated SHIP date from the plant of Tuesday, Oct 18th. I assumed this was just a random date entered in the system being Production Launch does not begin until Monday, Oct 17th, but they are telling me it's very likely the car could be built in one day and will ship on Oct 18th. I would appreciate any thoughts / input on this. Could a vehicle actually be built and shipped in a day or two? That seems a bit extreme if you ask me but would be great new news if it is actually true.

#2 ·
They build almost 1,000 cars per day at Brampton in two shifts so if your VIN is below HH501000 no reason why it won't happen. Note, cars are not built in VIN order but generally speaking there is some correlation unless something on your build is on restriction.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

#3 · (Edited)
Thank you SLIDD. I appreciate the prompt feedback. I am shocked. That would really be something if my car was built and SHIPPED in a day or two. If this actually happened, do you have an approx. guess as to when it might arrive at the dealer? I was expecting it wouldn't be here until late Nov at the earliest. Sounds like this is about to get real! Literally, lol. Some of my MOPAR group peeps have said a lot of things impact built date such as paint color, options, etc. and that the cars are built in batches. Thanks again for your input. Oh, I also meant to mention that yes, my VIN is below 501XXX. It's a 500#

#4 ·
Shouldn't be but maybe two or three days to you. Last two cars I ordered went by truck to Sterling Heights in one day then by train from there, yours probably go by truck the whole way.

#10 · (Edited)
Hello Slidd! Thanks for all the info on the ScatPackForums!! So my Vin is an HH507xxx.... Spoke with Dodge via live chat and was told this:

Carina: It is showing the vehicle is in D1 status which means All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. It can stay in this status for up to 30 days.
C*** K*******: Right on! Is there any estimated ship date by any chance yet?
C*** K*******: Thanks so much for the info.
Carina: Not yet there is not. Once the vehicle reaches KZ status which is shipping it will give an ETA at that time.

STILL GOOD NEWS! So if they can make roughly 1k cars per day, and my car is number 7-thousand-something, maybe it'll ship before the end of this month I hope!! SO EXCITED, MAN!! I was expecting late November at the earliest. Now it's looking like late November at the LATEST.

P.S. I wonder what shipping time to Arizona would be... Obviously longer than to Michigan, haha.

#11 ·
Called the customer service line. This CSR told me that it is set to be built within this next week, and would probably take up to a couple weeks to ship. No ship date yet, but said to call back around Friday for a solid date. Wow! This is coming together faster than I thought. Very stoked.

#12 ·
Travel time once it ships seems to work out to about 100 miles per day average. Maybe going to AZ they could average a little better but I'd be expecting about 2 weeks in transit. My car sat at Brampton 6 days before shipping, not sure why, but total time from order to delivery only 35 days. Congrats!

#18 ·
Thanks Sal and SLIDD! All good info. Would love to visit Brampton and watch all of this production take place some time.

CKW: What did you order? Ahh, just saw RLR Scat! Awesome! I ordered a fully loaded Octane Red SCAT! We're almost twins :wink3:

My VIN is 500. For what it's worth I was in "D1" for a month, but also placed my order the day after order banks opened and Production Launch didn't begin until this week so it was "stuck" there anyway. Friday I was at D1, Monday (yesterday) they said I was at "F" (since Friday?) and then today I went to JS which they told me is Quality Control. So excited!!! I seriously was not expecting my car to be here until late Nov at the earliest. Hoping my car makes it to MI SOON! I call Dodge a few times a day to make sure I'm on top of the status updates, but some reps give more info than others.

This is EXCITING STUFF for us MOPAR geeks!! Keep us posted on yours, I'm excited for ALL of us!

BA - new order, not yet reviewed
BB - review by fleet department
BD - special equipment processing
BE - edit error
BG - passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL - edit ok parts unavailable
BX - passed edit available for schedule
C - sub firm
D - firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D - 1 gate line schedule - scheduled to be built
E - frame
F - paint
G - trim
I - built not ok'd
J - built ok'd
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - emission check
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant , invoiced
KZL - released - not shipped
KZM - first rail departure
KZN - first rail arrival
KZO - delayed/received
KZOA - plant holds
KZOB - zone/distribution holds
KZOC - carrier delays
KZOD - carrier holds
KZOE - mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF - show/test vehicle
KZOG - damaged vehicle
KZOH - all other reasons
KZT - second rail departure
KZU - second rail arrival
KZX - delivered to dealer
ZA - canceled

#19 ·
Man, octane red was tempting, but I felt redline would mesh better with the Ruby Red interior and I wanted a slightly lighter color after having a dark blue car which gets so dirty so easily. I do think octane red is beautiful looking though!! Can't wait to see pics. Glad I'm not alone here! I thought I was just obsessive, lol.

#22 ·
Awesome news, wasi92. When did you order your car again? I ordered mine on Oct 12th. My numbers are 500398. I am on hold w/ Chrysler right now as they check status. Of course mine has to get to Honolulu, Oahu....so that will take a while. Ordered a 5.7 Daytona w/ stripe delete in Destroyer Grey.

#25 ·
Mine is in D1 status......I am thinking it will be another 6 weeks till I see it on island.

#26 ·
Wow, Octane....that's cool. I was told I am in D1 also, but it was only today it entered that status. They could not give an estimated ship date from the factory. Patience is a virtue. :beerchug:

#28 ·
Man ....called this morning....still in "D" status w/ no window or target date for build / delivery....patience my @$$.

#29 · (Edited)
Hopefully they start soon Sec! It only took a day to build mine, so yours will likely go quickly too!

CKW: Still waiting here in MI for my car :( My car has been sitting in a lot in MI since 10/18 waiting for more cars to come in so it can ship. It's only about an hour from my house. I'm getting anxious knowing it's so close, yet so far away!

#32 · (Edited)
Hioctane, Me too!! Our cars could be right next to each other, lol! I called today and got some not too exciting news, I was given an estimated ship date of 11/12. Whaaaa? After a first day build and original ship date of the next day I was so excited. Oh well, still on the earlier end of what I thought it would be originally.

#33 ·
Me too!! Our cars could be right next to each other, lol! I called today and got some not too exciting news, I was given an estimated ship date of 11/12. Whaaaa? After a first day build and original ship date of the next day I was so excited. Oh well, still on the earlier end of what I thought it would be originally.
This happened to the early 2015 Hellcats, after build they were all stored for weeks before shipping. I guess there's a reason, be nice if they would tell you why.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.