Charger Forums banner

O2 sensor problem!!!

7K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  TBird100636 
#1 ·
i replace my o2 sensor,but my engine still is on and its throwing the same code, I was reading on a forum that it maybe a fuse, has anyone had this problem

#4 ·
What is the code that is coming up? Also what motor do you have? Need some more info to help you.

#6 ·
If it's a bosch sensor you could be getting the "took too long to warm up" code. Seems Chrysler pcms are finicky about the brand of o2 sensor, at least on the hemis. Might be the same with the 2.7.

#7 ·
If sensor 2 is the after cat sensor then it could be an exhaust leak or failing cat.

#10 ·
I have bosch sensors on my car both front and rear 02's and they are just fine. Some cars are different and some are touchy. If the code is P0420 or P0430 then that means your cat is not doing its job, or you could just have a bad sensor. Either way, change the 02 sensor or do a cheap mod to take care of it.

#11 ·
You can put the car on a lift and start the car and check for leaks or pressurize the exhaust system with around 5 psi of air and check with a water and soap solution. First give us the code so we can figure out the problem first.

#13 ·
You need to get a spark plug anti-fouler from advance auto or auto zone. There are some write-ups on the forums if you do some searching or even google it. Tells you what to do and how to do it. It basically pulls the 02 sensor out of the mainstream of the exhaust and tricks the computer.

#14 ·
Any anti seize used on the o2 sensor threads during installation? This can sometimes cause an issue with insufficient grounding of the sensor.

#15 ·
Yeah like triple trans am said dont go overboard with the anti seize that stuff can mess up an 02 sensor. Also dont get any on any of the wires it will eat through the insulation and cause problems also. I also thought my 02 sensors were bosch but I made a mistake, they are NTK 02 sensors. I used what my car came with from the factory. Sorry for misinforming you. None the less the mod should take care of your problem. If you cant find it when searching let me know I w ill find it for you.

#17 ·
Not that I know of. Anyway you can find someone that has the tools to do it for you? Be cheaper for ya.

#19 ·
Not sure, maybe if you post up something asking for help, you may find someone close to you that could help out. Alot of nice people on here willing to help out. Post where your from and what you need help with you may be surprised. If you lived close to me I would surely help out.

#21 · (Edited)
Anti-Seize on the threads of the O2 Sensor WILL NOT cause a grounding issue of the sensor. The sensor grounds through it's wiring. Sensors from Chrysler come with Anti-Seize on the threads.

To the original poster, before you go waisting your money on anti-foulers you need to take this into consideration. You started out stating there was a code/issue with the Bank 1 Sensor 2 O2 Sensor. You later indicated it was setting code P0430. Well, on a V6 Charger Bank 1 Sensor 2 is the Right Downstream O2 Sensor. P0430 is the Left Bank Catalytic Converter. So if I were you I'd find the old O2 Sensor you replaced and swap it with the Left Downstream Sensor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.