Charger Forums banner

Rough idle

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  vipercamaroz 
#1 ·
Got a disappointing action going on with my rpm's while at idle. Seen this issue being talked about in other forums but couldn't find anything related here.

Only just recently this has begun. When I leave the car at idle or stop at a light the rpm's are not even, time to time the rpm's go right down like the car is wanting to stall and then go back to normal. It happens for 1-2 seconds.

I have also noticed that this has started to happen together with another strange issue, my AC is on constantly. When I flick the AC switch the light goes on and flick to switch it off which means the switch is responding. But by standing net to the car I can hear that just before the rpm's go down the AC kicks in.

Also my fuel consumption has gone worse since then.

Cheers
:alfdance:

#2 ·
Sorry if i sound like a jerk but this has been talked about over n over, a simple search will yield many possibilities...
Clean throttle body butterfly, spark plug change, tune up, check voltage and charging system, try better gas, make sure u put octane u are tuned for do not over octane, bla bla bla ummmm.... Air filter change?

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply,

Every day there is someone new getting a charger which means every day someone could ask this question and we are glad there are people like you and this forum that can help us out.

So please don't sound like a jerk and share your knowledge matey!!!

Will start with the throttle body and air filter.

Thanks again

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.