Charger Forums banner

Uncontrolled transmission

945 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  fxstc1987 
#1 · (Edited)
2013 Charger SXT, 3.6, 8 speed a/t, 34,000 miles. ABS and ESC lights came on. My wife took it to the dealer and they said it was a rear wheel sensor, they had to order the part and told her it was safe to drive. Three days later and maybe 60 miles she was driving and it would not shift out of drive, she could not turn the car off, Engine light and service tranny light came on. She was able to drive to the dealer. A technician had to come out and turn the car off. The service manager said it was caused by the bad wheel sensor, really! Any thoughts on whats going on

#2 ·
I currently have 4 wheel sensors sitting in a box to go into my car because my car won't start on the first press sometimes and when it does, I get the traction control warning, brake warning and AWD warning lights for 5 minutes before they shut off and all is well again. Was also told wheel sensors are the issue.

I ordered Mopar replacements and they are flimsily, so I can see the wires going bad pretty easily.

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Dealer just told us today that wheel sensor will not be off back order until Sept. 1, How about that. I am in the industry and I know things go bad and if enough go bad, back orders are created. Not impressed with this new Government bailed out company

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.