Charger Forums banner

CTS-V or Charger Hellcat?

8K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  MCaesar 
#1 ·
Look at all the specs and the CTS-V and the Charger Hellcat are closer than you think. The Charger is faster and the V is better handling - but the gaps are not as large as you think

Test - Hellcat - V

0-60 3.4 3.6
1/4 mile 11.4 11.8
0-170 23.1 25.8
70-0 153ft 149ft
skidpad 0.94g 0.98g

The Hellcat pulls away at higher speeds. The V has more grip and slightly better braking.
If you want the fastest sedan buy the Hellcat.
If you are willing to trade a little speed for tighter handling go with the V.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-cadillac-cts-v-test-review

http://media.caranddriver.com/files/2015-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat.pdf

http://media.caranddriver.com/files/2016-cadillac-cts-v2016-cadillac-cts-v-test-sheet.pdf

See less See more
#3 ·
Funny I am doing the same comparison. Hope to demo a new CTS-V by Sept/Oct. I have a Challenger Hellcat now so will be able to make a good comparison. Am considering the Charger Hellcat this time around. The V is definitley more money but appears to be much more luxurious.

#4 · (Edited)
I agree that the numbers appear close, but some aren't as close as they seem to appear...

Test - Hellcat - CTS-V

0-60 3.4-3.6 Hellcat beats the CTS-V by 8.8 feet (1/2 car length)
1/4 mile 11.4-11.8 Hellcat beats CTS-V by 70.4 feet (4-1/2 car lengths)
0-170 23.1-25.8 Hellcat beats CTS-V by 356 feet (22 car lengths)
70-0 153ft-149ft CTS-V beat Hellcat by 4 feet (1/4 car length)
skidpad 0.94g 0.98g CTS-V beats Hellcat by 2.4 mph in 60 mph hairpin turn

#5 ·
For me its more than just a performance number comparison. Both cars are very quick but are probably very different in personality. I suspect that the V will be much more luxurious while still giving great performance. However you will have to pay much more for that luxury than what the Charger Hellcat will cost. Pay your money and make your choice. I also prefer the Uconnect display over the Cadillac Cue .

#7 ·
comparison... I can think of a really bad word that begins with an S :)

Hellcat, unadulterated rawness

Cadillac, like smooth jazz

I'll take the hellcat :)

#8 · (Edited)
I'm glad to see Cadillac go after the Mercedes-Benz AMG, BMW AMG and Audi. But for me it's the Hellcat. Besides, I have a grudge against GM after they discontinued the Pontiac brand. I also agree with the previous comment made about the Uconnect. I have the 8.4 Nav Uconnect and like it better than any of the infotainment systems in the other brands.

Reactions: GTO_04
#9 ·
Own a Charger R/T and been in numerous CTS's. Never driven Helical or V. I think the performance is close and like the pure muscle versus smooth jazz comparison. However for 60K plus I expect some leg room. Sit in the Charger than a CTS passenger seat, let alone back seat. If you are tall or large you are going to want the Charger room since we could debate performance all day.

If you really want performance, we can surely find a Viper, Corvette debate thread!

#10 ·
Yup

The CTS is too small for me. I have 2 kids - one is almost 6 feet and the other over 6 feet

They don't fit in a CTS

If I looked at Caddy it would be the twin turbo V8 AWD CT6

Dumb name

Call it a Fleetwood!

Reactions: GTO_04
#13 ·
#14 ·
If price didn't matter I'd go with the CTS-V. The CTS-V is going to be a much more refined car in every way. Since price does matter, I'd get the Hellcat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.