Charger Forums banner

Which is a better tuner?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  gotzaRT 
#1 ·
So i will soon have a procharged fully built motor which would be a better tuner diablo or hp?

#2 ·
Depends really. There are IMO a lot more Hemi tuners that have the knowledge tuning the 5.7, 6.1 and 6.4L Hemi's using the Diablo tuner. There are some guys that have done a good job using the HP product. I had my Edelbrock installed by a garage locally that uses HP and SCT. They also have a dyno and could have tuned my charger with either one. However, it would have taken them a lot longer to get the tune right and safe. I went with Johan (Diablotoona) via email and used the dyno for most of the revisions. I went the email route because I am familiar with the Diablo and if I am traveling and need assistance I can always get an update and assistance. Just more folks to call that I know.

#3 ·
1st choice... diablo, unless it's a hell cat.

HP is "claiming" to boosting hellcat to unbelievable levels. There was an "experienced" tuner back in the early days that left a trail of broken motors in his wake. I'm a lot more skeptical of outrageous claims.

#4 ·
If you mean HPTuners, as in the software, it's 1000 times better than handhelds IF you know what you're doing, like as in a pro tuner for a speed shop. If you don't know what you're doing, you will f**k s**t up very easy with HPTuners.

But, if you're going blown, you need a good pro dyno tune anyways. That's the only way to get it right, right away. If you don't have access to a good speed shop, then get the handheld and find a tuner you can trust to build you a tune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.