Charger Forums banner

currently getting u0121 and u1120

11K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jwmayo357 
#1 ·
2006 dodge charger 5.7 daytona top banana ? dtc codes abs lights esc light
I've got a 06 charger. And the trouble code I'm currently getting is u0121 u1120 but the car is also in limp mode with the esc bas light on and abs light on. The front left caliper seems to be sticking and is heating the rotor up to well over 5 or 6 times hotter than the rest of the rotors. I thought it was a stuck caliper so I relplaced it with a new one and bleed the brakes with no change to how the caliper was acting and seems to not have got better at all. So I replaced the and sensors still no change .so I removed the abs control module of course leaving the hydraulic unit. Still no change it is still acting locked up. What am I missing about the brake not releasing and why is this car in limp modevseems to have plenty of transmission fluid

#2 ·
As far as the brake caliper, you might want to try changing out the rubber brake line going to that caliper. It's not unheard of for brake lines to internally collapse and hold pressure after releasing the brake pedal. I've got nothing for you with the other stuff.

Reactions: richd
#3 ·
Posting everywhere is not the right approach and contrary to forum rules. I highly recommend you check them out, as you agreed to them when you signed up.
I've deleted the duplicate threads and moved this one too a appropriate section, as well as made the title meaningful to the topic.

#4 ·
I would say those Codes are the reason your having brake problem,until you take care of the codes,you will have this problem,Here what your codes means;
U1120-LOST WHEEL DISTANCE MESSAGE

The PCM doesn't receive a wheel distance message from the Anti-lock brake Module over the CAN C bus. The PCM receives the vehicle speed signal over the CAN C bus from the Anit-lock Brake Module.

U0121-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE

When Monitored: With the ignition on, battery voltage between 9 and 16 volts, and engine run time greater than 3 seconds.
Set Condition: The PCM doesn't receive a bus message from the Anti-Lock Brake Module for a specific amount of time.
Possible Causes
CAN C BUS OPEN OR SHORTED CONDITION
NO POWER TO ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE — MODULE UNPLUGGED OR OPEN FUSE
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

#5 ·
Thank you for putting it in the appropriate area! And describing in detail what is what. I was panicking trying to figure out what was wrong with the car only to come to a forum that was just as confusing, guess it's a dodge thing. But thank you so much for helping me out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.