Charger Forums banner

Complete 2010 Charger make Over

17K views 81 replies 14 participants last post by  Ramrod 
#1 ·
The Plan..

New front bumper from Charged Motorworks with Skid Skirts...Ordered

Just like the Grip Tuning old Side Skirts. Still the best looking Side skirts for these LX's

What I'm going for roughly....

Not 100% set on RED

Should I paint the Crossbar or have the whole Grill Area Blacked out?

See less See more
#9 ·
Agreed on the painted cross bar. It looks good. The paint scheme will look awesome once completed.
Ya I'm leaning towards the Painted crossbar.

Thanks, Paint will take some time. A few hours if not all day just drawing and cutting the design all out my hand. I did my Jeep this and it took for ever.

I didn't want to just leave my Car all black with the new bumper. It would standout as much. So the Red and Black Grills will really POP...

Also repainting the Black and getting rid of the pearl in it. Going with Jet Black... ZERO Pearl in the black.. The Red will have a little pearl.

#13 ·
Just had the same thing happen at work. Good thing it was a cool guy who did it so he paid to get it taken care of. Just have to find and reorder all the parts to make my custom front end. Again. Only thing is having the ride hooked up all except for the very noticeable banged up fascia.

ugghhhh.

#18 ·
Picked up all my paint and supplies.. Was a little more then thought, but not much.. Clear, Hardener, Base coat, Black, B5 Blue etc....

Also Fed Ex, DHL and USPS all dropped off stuff today....

New Tail lights. The Older Smooth Style.

Hellcat Spoiler

Nite-Shades Tint

Surf Blue Pearlcoat or PQD, better known as B5 Blue

#23 ·
Also going to upgrade the looks of rear end of this thing.

Already have the Hellcat Spoiler sitting here. With the theme of the new Spoiler and plans shortly to get a Hellcat looking rear bumper. I'm going to upgrade the looks of my tail lights. To switch out to newer tails like 11-14 or 15+. I would have to cut the lower half of the trunks off. Then custom build new Tail light housings that allow the newer models to mount into. Sounds much easier said then done. With sizing differences and then the latching set up. it could be done, but I'm out of money and don't want to wait...

So I'm going with a Paint scheme look...

2015 Look. Notice the Red Shape of the Tails..

Basically going to copy that Shape, but stick to my body lines. Believe it or not. It's not far off. I'm going to paint that same shape but instead of Red. Which I think would look tacky and might look like I'm trying to FAKE them.. I'm going with B5 Blue and pinstriped with Bright Green. Just like my Paint job and front of my car will be.

Everything outside the Shape is solid paint. Now on the Tail lights, the inner part will be tinted. Everything else Painted.

Taped off here..

Quick Photoshop here. Doesn't do it justice at all. It will come out super clean.

#24 ·
It's look great so far!!! Can't wait to see it once you done. Also keep it up Bro, seeing people go to the extent you are is what makes this all the more awarding to see and to learn.

#25 ·
It's look great so far!!! Can't wait to see it once you done. Also keep it up Bro, seeing people go to the extent you are is what makes this all the more awarding to see and to learn.

#26 ·
Some updates on my Front Bumper...

Was going to just go with a Deep dish, but felt it was missing something. I liked the detail of the SRT grill and liked the Deep dished look. I mean I've been rocking a Danko Deep Dish since 2010. So why not have both. I had Charged Motorworks sink the Crosshairs back to match the deep dish. This is going to a sick 1 of a Kind Bumper. Can't wait to get some paint laid on this.

#30 ·
Thanks to Photobucket, I have lost almost every thing that I uploaded... Trying to reload everything back up into Flickr This time... Tried Google Photo, but that only seems to work if you use Google Chrome...?

I've been waiting on this Bumper for sometime, but with Custom One off Stuff it just takes time.

This is to fit my 2010 Charger.

#32 ·
A lot has Changed since my last post in here...

Charged Motorworks has Changed Owners. Which was a hood thing.

The old Owner Screwed me and tons of others.

But it's working out for the better..

Updates.... I snagged a SEMA Showing for this year...

1. I have a New THEME for the Car
2. I ditched the Side Skirts in Favor of a New Hood. Going with a Hellcat style Hood.
3. Added a Custom made Wicker Bill from Charged Motorworks. He calls is a Nascar Style Spoiler.
4. Wide body Flares. 2.5in to 3in Width

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.