Charger Forums banner

New SXT-Update and Opinions Needed

2K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  Lenny3 
#1 ·
Hi All
So I posted the other day and just wanted to provide an update as well as ask for opinions.
I am finally pulling the trigger on a Billet SXT Rallye AWD. It stickers for 37k and I was able to get them down to 28.7k plus they will activate Nav. I feel that is reasonable.

My questions are:
1. Should I make the rims black? I feel the Billet needs more black to make it pop
2. My wife says getting any decals are tacky and that I am a boy racer. I found some small retro "Charger" decals that would just go on either side of the back pillar. Thoughts?
3. Other minor mods that would no impact warranty to consider?

Any thoughts, tips or advice with this car would be great. I am still able to cancel the deal tomorrow if I so choose. I have done my homework so I do not see myself doing that.

Thanks,
Ryan

#7 ·
Quick update. Just drove home with new car-billet SXT. Nice ride home.
Only issue-dealer installed Nav and it is annoying to get into. Need to go into apps and then look for it instead of it just being on the bottom. Maybe there is a way to move the icons?

#8 ·
From page 313 of the owners manual:
1. Press the “Apps ” button to open the App screen.
2. Press and hold, then drag the selected App to replace an existing shortcut in the main menu bar.
The new app shortcut, that was dragged down onto the main menu bar, will now be an active App/shortcut.
NOTE: This feature is only available if the vehicle is in 4 PARK.

#10 ·
My questions are:
1. Should I make the rims black? I feel the Billet needs more black to make it pop
2. My wife says getting any decals are tacky and that I am a boy racer. I found some small retro "Charger" decals that would just go on either side of the back pillar. Thoughts?
3. Other minor mods that would no impact warranty to consider?

Any thoughts, tips or advice with this car would be great. I am still able to cancel the deal tomorrow if I so choose. I have done my homework so I do not see myself doing that.

Thanks,
Ryan
1. Yes. Black those wheels out (assuming there's no chrome on your car). I have a silver car too and merely plasti-dipped my wheel covers black and I think it made the car look instantly better.
2. I'm not a decal guy but to each their own
3. I'm not big on exterior accessories so I can't offer much advice except pick a theme. Either go black rims and black accents, or keep the rims and go with a stock look. I do recommend debadging but that's just me.

#11 ·
Good advice. No chrome I can see. Not sure what rims are made of. I hear that powder blasting and such cannot be done with chrome.

I agree with keeping a theme. I tint the windows tomorrow, nothing crazy, will then explore plasti dip and then potentially 1 small black retro charger sticker on each side-6 inches long

#14 ·
it's easy. this time I took the wheel covers off. But I've done wheels before by leaving the tires on. Hell, I've even left them on the vehicle. Just clean everything with mild soap, make sure it's completely dry, and use some blue painter's tape to mask off half the tire. The trick is to paint a good 2-3 inches on the tire sidewall as well, which makes it easier to peel off than just a light overspray. Wait 10 mins between each coat.

1st coat: very light, used to help next coats stick better.
2nd: light
3rd: moderate
4th: heavy (but not so much it begins to run)
5th: heavy (same, no running)

you'll need about 1 can per wheel

*if you're leaving the wheels on the car use a plastic bag to cover your brakes and rotors

#18 ·
If you can get the hyper-black from a Rallye, I think that would be good for the car. I don't like the completely black wheels, but the hyper-black is a nice blend in. I really like them on my Rallye.

By the way, if you ended up with that deal, it was a great deal. Post pics, or it ain't real!

#20 · (Edited)
Congrats on the new ride. I'm very happy with my SXT Plus. It's the 300hp version and is enough power for my needs. There are plenty of threads on this forum concerning mods. You don't have to spend a lot of money to get the car the way you want it.

I have the original 20" hyper black wheels that were on my car, but I haven't decided on a selling price yet.

Attachments

Reactions: Kal-EL81
#26 ·
The offset I different between awd and rwd, is why they are not interchangeable, Diameter doesn't matter... I like Decals, a lot of custom decals for these cars that will make it look unique, but judging based on the rest of the responses, I am the only one in favor of decals :laugh2: .

#27 ·
Thanks Josh. I agree on the decals. I think I am going to get something simple-Retro lettering saying "Charger" just on each side of back. Now I just need to figure out how to get made. I see they have them on Ebay but I don't have an account there and not sure that I want one.
Maybe there is a site that can customize what I want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.