Charger Forums banner

Eagle F1s have just about had it....

4K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  GTO_04 
#1 ·
My 2013 Charger RT STP came with the Eagel F1 Supercar tires and I think they are on their last summer.

Car now has ~ 25,000 miles on it. I bought a set of 18" Challenger Rims with dedicated snows which are run ~ Dec - April here in NJ.

I would have to say in the 29 months I probably have about 20k on the F1s and 5k on the winters.

I didn't think they would last that long but they will certainly last until Nov Dec again this year. So come spring I should have them replaced.

Since I have dedicated snows with maybe 5k on they (which will last me at least 3 more winters) I think I will replace with Summer Rubber again.

I don't want F1s anymore. What do you guys like in this category? I don't want to break the bank so something around $200 or less a tire would be ideal.

Thanks!

#3 ·
So much this!

I cannot recommend the Continental DWS highly enough! I put them on my 2013 SXT when the factory tires wore out, and they have been absolutely phenomenal! Midwest winters, Seattle rainy season, mountain switchbacks in the Olympic peninsula. The tires have never flinched for anything, and still look nearly brand new, even with ~15K on them.

Most recently, I made a run up to 'Artist Point', which is a great overlook area near Mt. Baker. (~2 hrs NE of Seattle). Tons of curves, switchbacks and slopes, and while I'm no pro, I did hot-foot it a bit the entire way. I managed to catch up to a small Miata club on the way down and I was able to keep up with them (at safe distance, to be clear) the entire way. No slips or slides, just strong grip the whole way down.

TLDR: Buy the Continentals. :D

#4 ·
I don't need DWS because I run dedicated winter rubber.

I had them on my subaru and they are terrific but there there is no reason to get them because you can't replace snows in my opinion.

People love the Mich Pilot SS but can get pricey maybe I will just keep my eye out for a sale or something

#5 ·
Understood. No replacement for dedicated winter tires. Even so, I think their overall performance (and friendlier price) are worth a traction characteristic that you won't directly use.

Still, your car, your money, so no arguing with that. ;)

Cheers!

#8 ·
The motiva looks like a nice option since it has a 60k tread warranty. These tires in combination with my winters would probably be the last tires i would ever have to buy for this car.

I just wonder if they perform up to the likes of the

Pilot SS
Extreme Contact DW (not the DWS)

Both of which have treadwears only slightly better than the F1s.

The Continentals might last 20-25k miles with a 340 rating...probably all good choices for ~ $200. But the SS's are $300. Not sure the extra $400 is worth the performance difference

#9 ·
I can comment on the Nitto Motivo. Overall a good tire but had trouble when it came to traction on my SRT8 so I ended up swapping them for the PSS and glad I did.

I also have the Nitto Motivo on our V6 3.5L and zero issues with traction on that one but then again, it is a V6 and power difference is pretty significant from the 3.5L to the 6.1L lol

#10 ·
Yeah I think any tire is going to have issues on the SRT lol. But some will be the "best your gonna get" which probably the SS. There is a reason they are $100 more than any competition.

This car is my DD and I have a lot of fun with it but most days is a 25 mile (each way) trip to work on 90% highway. So the SS might not be worth chewing up on highway asphalt and never really enjoying the cost of them...

Thanks for the input on the Motivo however.

#11 ·
The DW is a good alternative to the PSS. I ran them on my G8 GT and was very happy with them and I am very hard on tires. If I can get 25,000 miles on my F1s (2015 SP) I will be elated! So far I like them but not expecting long tread life. And yes I will put winter tires and rims on them. I won't be driving in snowstorms but I need to be able to navigate parking lots and the poor post-storm snow removal that we see on Indy area roads.

GTO_04

#12 ·
I have Cooper Zeon RS3-S. They came on my car when I bought it and I can't really complain. Only driven them in the rain here in MN and no problem with traction. What do you run for the winter? I'll be needing a second set coming up here too.

#14 ·
I bought the firestone winterforce tires and put them on challenger 18 inch stockers. They are awesome to say the least. I took the car out in 6 inches of unplowed road and it never slid.

In NJ we can really get blasted and I also need to be able to navigate roads that take way too long to get plowed. They have been terrific for me.

#15 ·
I have Brembos on my SP so I will need to use 20 inch rims. My understanding is that anything smaller will not clear the rotors. Otherwise I would be considering 18 inch tires. I had a set of stock rims for my 2012 R/T that was totaled. My steelies were installed at the time. Too bad because they weren't damaged. In a way I will miss the steelies in the winter but they won't work on the SP.

The reviews on the Winterforce have been pretty good and they are a lot less expensive than the Blizzaks!

GTO_04

#17 ·
I recently put some BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2s on my 2013 R/T to replace my F1s. I got them for about $160 a piece and so far I feel like they've handled better than the F1s (when they still had tread). Road noise is about the same and you get a little more feedback, but that gives me hope that they are a little tougher comp than the F1s.

#18 ·
I've had BFG Comp 2s on my car for last summer and this summer and so far I'm really impressed. My first full summer tire and they handle great and are great in the rain too. I'm not getting bad tread life out of them either so far. They are loud but have a nice stiff sidewall good turn in.

They get great reviews on Tirerack and the price is good too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.