Charger Forums banner

Power cuts out

5K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  nixx96 
#1 · (Edited)
*Update*
I used some lucas fuel system cleaner in the tank at full up, had no issues til around 1/4 tank. I was pulling from a stop and when it hit 20I could not accelerate any more. I pulled to a side street and it started working fine again. I filled up again adding the lucas one more time, it has done the same thing 3 more times. It will cut power and start going fine again after about 10 second.

I am wondering if it is the carbon build-up breaking loose. Any other ideas?

#2 ·
I used some lucas fuel system cleaner in the tank at full up, had no issues til around 1/4 tank. I was pulling from a stop and when it hit 20I could not accelerate any more. I pulled to a side street and it started working fine again. I filled up again adding the lucas one more time, it has done the same thing 3 more times. It will cut power and start going fine again after about 10 second.

Yeah, stop putting that crap in your tank. You didn't have any issue before you used it and then when you did after using it, you added more resulting in more frequent issues.

See a trend here?

Cause=effect.

Clear that stuff out and run straight fuel and watch the issue correct itself.

#3 ·

Hmm. Since you never had the issue until you started using the lucas stuff, I'd highly advise to STOP adding it. I'm sure @370 HEMI can chime in with more details on how all that stuff works.

More info might help as well. What's your car's year/trim/etc?

#6 · (Edited)
Krautmaster,

You are completely correct. Every additive says Caution: contains petroleum distillates. Also they can contain polymers, alcohols and metals too!

The Lucas Heavy Duty Stabilizer was evaluated by Exxon/Mobil.

I have a copy you will want to see:

Again more poly-isobutylene and bright stock. They are doing now what STP did 40 years ago. People buy it because it is cheap but not good for anything you put it in!;)

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#5 ·

Lucas contains petroleum distillates (petroleum waste left over from refining) mixed with a cheap compound that is called poly-isobutylene. It burns to a gummy residue in the engine and also in the injectors.

What you want is to stop using the Lucas and get some ACES IV in the fuel. It is not a polymer, or petroleum distillate, alcohol or metal compound but rather a unique product that gives you detergency to keep things clean, ignition improving to produce more HP and Torque, and real lubricity created as a reaction to heat.

We have treated many thousands of vehicles with everyone enjoying the difference. You use 1 oz per 6 gallons. With the problem you are having, I would suggest ACES IV-FIC to get things cleaned out for real and the lubricity in the cylinders.

Much better performance without a problem like you are having now!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#11 ·
From us as we are the manufacturers of the technology.:bigthumb:

BND Automotive LLC - 440-821-9040. Just give us a call.

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#13 ·
I did a LOT of googling on this issue and found more info. Someone with near identical issue said a Chrysler tech was called in to look at his and determined that it was the battery. After replacing it They had no more issues. Glad my dad works for interstate batteries, got a good deal on one.

#20 ·
Are you using the ACES IV?;)

LMK

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#22 ·
I hope all goes well with your surgery. Hope it is nothing serious!:serious:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#23 · (Edited)
Ok, back from surgery, really sore but doing good.
Ran through 2 tanks of a better fuel and still having the issue. I really think it's an electrical issue. Happened 3 more times since last post.

If I press on the accelerator when the problem happens, it does nothing, rpms do not change at all. Each time I pull off the road to get out of traffic, it will start working again. Then the headache of getting back on the road.

Could the spark plugs be causing this random issue? I believe they are the original ones with 82k miles on them. I know it's time to replace them, but I can't until I'm fully healed from surgery.

I get no engine codes and it happens so randomly I can't get it to recreate for anyone. Does not matter how hard I accelerate either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.