Charger Forums banner

Maintenance required?

910 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  carchitect 
#1 ·
Bought my car used with 22k miles on it about a month ago. I have about 24k miles on it now.

At 24k miles I changed the oil, Mobil-1 fully synthetic. I have installed my CAI, so, replacing the air filter is checked off my list too.

I am pretty clueless as to what I need to get done/do myself. I know I'm under factory warranty still, but I don't want to rely on that to save me because I didn't keep up on the maintenance!

#4 ·
Ah didn't know that. When I don't change my oil (sometimes I do it with my dad, sometimes bring it to a place) they refer to it as fully synethetic. Any advantages?

Congrats on the new ride!

Did you check the owners manual for the recommended service requirements? It's usually in the glovebox. ;)
Thanks, I love it. The car is a dream come true.

Yeah, I looked at it... but I'm kind of unsure what to do/have done. I'm not too knowledgeable mechanically... my dad is, but I don't live with him so I try not to always beg him for help when I do get a chance to see him. I don't know what has/hasn't been done for the life of the car. What should I check for? Should I have the stealership look it over? It's running like a champ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.