Charger Forums banner

SLP LM2, info required....

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Tyrant 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i've got a R/T with R&T and i'm currently looking into upgrading my exhaust and getting the SLP LM2 cat back and just wanted to get some feed back on the exhaust...
hows the drone at 1700-2300 RPM, is it overly abnoxious or is it bearable? was the fit good or did it require alot modifications..
did it show any noticable improvements in performance or was it more of a sound increase only?

also does anyone of you guys have a pic showing the rear of the car with the tips showing? i know the tips are 3.5" but i'd like to see how they look on the car.

#2 ·
I don't have pics, but if you search for "slp loudmouth charger" on youtube you can get a video which shows the back of the car with the exhaust installed.

As far as the drone, it's bearable to me in town (not the wife though). But if you spend significant time on the highway, it is absolutely unliveable. I'm probably going to add some glasspacks. Luckily, I only get on the highway about once a month in the Charger. If it were more, this exhaust would have been gone by now.

#3 ·
Sadly the video doesnt really show what the tips look like. They sound amazing, but the vid is grainy and shot in a way and at an angle that you cant really see the tips.

:-(

#4 ·
Bone324, i did see the video and thats what really turned me in favor of the SLP :)... but like ultrable said, the video doesnt really show the tips or how far they portrude from the car or anything like that.

and as for highway driving well my daily commute to work is all highway driving :(, but i do keep the revs at 1700 cruising at around 55mph, is that a problem zone for the SLP loud mouth 2?

#5 · (Edited)
I agree that the camera angle on that video doesn't really show the tips too well. But, the tips are so far under that that's about the best angle you're going to get unless you crawl under the car. One advantage of the LM2 is the adjustability of the tips. Mine are tucked under just as far as in the video or even further. It's very low-profile.

I've seen pics of some SLP exhausts on here that have the tips sticking out further, so those are probably the ones you're trying to find. I could take a photo of mine, but you really wouldn't see anything but two 3.5" holes and the nice beveled walls. My tips are really not visible.

As far as drone, like I said, I do most of my driving in town (cruising at 30-45 mph max). The worst drone (to me) is at partial throttle, between 1800-2000 rpms. To avoid that I have to either accelerate hard after every stop, or really feather the throttle like a grandpa (guess which one I do:lol: ).

Other people hate the MDS drone, which happens when the engine load is low and you're cruising. The way to avoid this is to use the autostick, because it disables MDS. The MDS drone at 45 mph doesn't really bother me at all. But somewhere between 60-70 mph it is horrible. By the way, 60-70 is right in the sweet spot (2000 rpms) in 5th gear.

I would say that if I had to cruise at 55+ on a daily basis, I'd probably avoid this exhaust. And even a monthly or bimonthly road trip at those speeds has me considering installing resonators. But, others on this forum would disagree.

#6 ·
The top portion of the tips stick out only about 1". The Letters SLP are engraved in the tops, They are real slick! This is coming from a person with 4 diffarent exhausts ive tried! I just got my SRT8 and had to settle for the Magnaflows but SLP is the top Dog, Believe me! You should expect gains of 14-15 Horsepower. Hope this helps!

#10 ·
Nice! I'm used to the huge tips, owned 2 eclipses and an RSX type S before the charger. so I like that huge style. but seriously, they are big enough and the sound is mean! I am thinking about the LM one though. good idea?

Thanks for the vid! Very well done. do you have the SLP headers as well? cause that is the combo Im thinking of.

#12 ·
#13 ·
#14 ·
You guys just sold me on the LM 1! and Yesterday I was sold on the Airhammer. Thanks everyone!

#15 ·
Guys thank you for all your help :).
My main concern was the exhaust sticking out of the back as i really didnt want that, so i got really happy to know that they are adjustable, Rex thanks for posting the link with the pics :).
I guess i'm sold on the LM2, tho i'm a bit hesitant coz of all the drone issues but listening to srthaulers videos it didnt seem so bad especially the video showing cruising speeds.

a couple more weeks and i'll be placing the order :).

#17 ·
No problem:grin:
You are going to love this exhaust!

Rex

#16 · (Edited)
Here is my drone vid.
The vid was taken a few days after install and is much quieter now. I was trying to show what MDS sounded like. Btw,I have LM I.

#18 ·
Rex just got another question after the cats was their any cutting of the stock system involved or was it a direct bolt on with not cutting required?

Thanks again.

#19 ·
I had it installed but it is just a bolt off and on system.(no cutting) Many people have done them themself with no problem. I had a shop do it for $50 so I couldn't pass that up.:grin:

Rex

#20 ·
Not sure if you if you seen these pics.

Rex

#21 ·
Thanks again Rex :).
yes i did see the pics but i just got a bit confused, a few weeks ago in the service garage of the dealership when they had the car raised i thought i saw a flange after the CAT's, thats why i asked if their was any cutting required but i guess that i was mistaken :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.